BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > World Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

World Championships 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Twed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 10:41pm
Big thank you to the organizers of the Worlds. You have to be pleased how it went ....you did a great job and it went as smoothly as you could possibly expect with the numbers attending and the variety of racing etc.
I must apologize for not being there for the podium. I most certainly did not expect anything as the last results I saw, I managed only 21st place. I was knackered and only wanted a shower and to get home for a rest.
Thanks again.
Twed
Never believe an atom they make up everything.
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 10:08pm
Big thanks to all the organisers. Brilliant Worlds.
Enjoyed the 3 hour a lot. Getting the pacing right is really interesting. Left too much in reserve at the end but better that than too little. Have to do a little work to the Kingcycle seat though. It was a pain in the coccyx.

Great to see Mikes bikes on the track rather than hanging on his wall.

Thanks again everybody.

Roy  

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 16 July 2018 at 10:08pm
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 11:16pm
One thing I wished I'd done differently is to have bagged the Kingcycle and put the rear disc on which would have give me approximately an extra 2 mph on my average speed. I didn't think it would make much difference but I was thinking against the Beano and the Velomobiles. Didn't really think it through I guess.
Roy
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 12:04pm

Thanks to everyone for making the weekend such good fun.

Racers each got an exclusive T-shirt but some people were not able to come, notably Heike Bunte. Unfortunately her t-shirt and some others that people had bought disappeared from the goodie bags in the race control tent. If anyone has taken a T-shirt thinking they were surplus it would be great if you could return it to us. email treasurer at BHPC.org.uk and we'll let you know a address to send it to.

Thanks very much

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 12:24pm
Also water bottles went missing from goodie bags apparently and two cycling shirts that belong to Gerard and were on sale by him in race control at £40 each...
Cry

And if anybody has seen the brass adapter from Mike Burrows track pump he would like it back please!

blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 1:50pm
Hi folks
what can i say what a great worlds big thank you to all the people that made it happen hopefully you can all breath a little easier now, it was nice to meet so may different people who were so polite and friendly and to hear a little of their stories, apart from a few little niggles about the facilities the odd coat hook in the shower area would not have gone amiss, nothing to do with the bhpc I know but a good time was had by all, here are some photo's for ya! copy any you want and I hope everyone had a safe journey home   cheers.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by blogwat blogwat wrote:

Hi folks
what can i say what a great worlds big thank you to all the people that made it happen hopefully you can all breath a little easier now, it was nice to meet so may different people who were so polite and friendly and to hear a little of their stories, apart from a few little niggles about the facilities the odd coat hook in the shower area would not have gone amiss, nothing to do with the bhpc I know but a good time was had by all, here are some photo's for ya! copy any you want and I hope everyone had a safe journey home   cheers.

Thanks Jeff.

You have to wonder if the people who design and install showers ever actually try them out. I had plenty of coat hooks but no soap tray in the shower and water pressure so high it blew the light shower curtain out of the tray every time it hit it.

Big thanks to the people in the back room slaving over their computers getting the results online as well.

Roy
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 6:03pm
Do we get any points for the 3 hour race or was it just for kudos?

Roy
kim View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 6:18pm
While we're playing the missing stuff game, if anyone's found a black-with-white-stripe Walz synthetic cycling cap, sized for a smaller than average head, that will be mine. Last seen in the vicinity of the refreshments van after the 1 hour race, I think.

Absolutely no complaints about organisation from me, it was all top notch, and clearly a mammoth task behind the scenes.

Agreed about the state of the camping field (the prickly stuff went right through my tent's groundsheet, and best not mention the ants), and the lack of thought that went into the design of the showers, but that's venue stuff, and in my mind was more than made up for by the excellent track.

A fun weekend, and lovely to meet friends old and new. I didn't expect to end up on a podium, either...

Edited by kim - 17 July 2018 at 6:18pm
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by kim kim wrote:

While we're playing the missing stuff game, if anyone's found a black-with-white-stripe Walz synthetic cycling cap, sized for a smaller than average head, that will be mine. Last seen in the vicinity of the refreshments van after the 1 hour race, I think.

Absolutely no complaints about organisation from me, it was all top notch, and clearly a mammoth task behind the scenes.

Agreed about the state of the camping field (the prickly stuff went right through my tent's groundsheet, and best not mention the ants), and the lack of thought that went into the design of the showers, but that's venue stuff, and in my mind was more than made up for by the excellent track.

A fun weekend, and lovely to meet friends old and new. I didn't expect to end up on a podium, either...

Congratulations Kim.

Betteshanger needs another £500,000 to finish the works. Was on our local BBC news, a kind of appeal.

The thistles are a blasted nuisance everywhere in the area. At home I had one go right through a tyre on our little tractor and one go straight through my heavy duty hide gloves into my hand. I'm very wary when I'm riding the trike around the fields. The grandchildren will run around with no shoes on as well which often ends in tears. I found the only way to get rid of them is to hand dig them every time I see one. Ends up being a mammoth task though. 

It is a great track though as you say. That sea breeze really takes the edge off the heat as well.

All the best.

Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic