BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > World Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

World Championships 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 5:29pm
Some good pics here:
http://www.droplimits.de/index.php/wm-2013-leer.de.html
especially this one of Slash:

and a face-off between Mike and Andreas Seilinger:

GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 8:25pm
Yanto wrote: "EDIT: just watched video, interesting race! Pity Slash decided to drop it!"

Having watched that bit a few times, I think Slash was left with no place to go and had to stop before having time to deploy the training wheels. I was trying to work out what happened to the guy that crashed (on the tail-faired low racer). I think he took the corner too tight, lost the back end and then it caught again and he high-sided, throwing him up into the air and across the track. The velomobile went to his inside, leaving Slash, who was on the outside, with his path blocked.
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
fards View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 9:28pm
Spot the bhpc posse!
Might be easier to count the non brits involved in this video on German tv.. great coverage, great event!
Some minor niggles, but overall really really good!

http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/hallo_niedersachsen/media/hallonds16187.html
fards View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 9:32pm
Pity I broke the quest(fixed by the vm.nl guys again for free!)
Lee also rolled his Milan (both these on some evil cobbles while out on the social rode)
And then my face (swelling has finally gone down, although looking at the videos of Sunday's race I suspect tripping my nuts off on anti histemenes might have done me some good)!
Denise and J arrived after a trip of epic proportions late Sat then she raced!

Edited by fards - 26 June 2013 at 12:59pm
slasher View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:05pm

As ever Jeff got it right. It was the best option for me and the other rider. The bystanders lifted me up and pushed me off pronto, I didn't lose any positions. The rain meant that Ymte got passed me before my off and I could not risk it in the corners which is how I got passed him before the rain. There were a couple of other near misses, but a third was the best any two wheeler could do and I should know, as I was there. Many thanks to all and a big(man) kiss for Fards who fixed the training wheels with some 5 min glue.

Brought to you by the makers of Beano.
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:33am
some more footage from the world championships  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR9Nykvp_-I  looks pretty scary with all those riders.
Jeff.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:58am
If anyone interested hasn't found them yet the full results are now posted here:
http://www.hpv.org/files/wm2013/WK Leer 2013 - gesamt 20130626_II.pdf

Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

If anyone interested hasn't found them yet the full results are now posted here:
http://www.hpv.org/files/wm2013/WK Leer 2013 - gesamt 20130626_II.pdf

Thanks, Andrew.  I'd been looking for that and failed to find.  But were there no women?  Someone in my household is interested in that...
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer - Increasingly little of a Burrows Ratracer VLR
KevinJ View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 11:15am
I must admit - I do think our points system is better - you can quibble about the weighting between events but ... 6 points different in the final score with 1st and 3rds  and 1st and 3rd in all!  Ymte came 2nd in the two long races but 8th in the 200m and is them way back! Seems crazy! (Though I know it is simple to do). And if anyone thinks I am singing my own praises - I didn't come up with  the points scheme! (and I think the weighting between events was someone else as well!) I just think it is better and fairer!
Kevin Jenkins

Windcheetah
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 11:17am
If you go to this page:
http://www.hpv.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=215&Itemid=266
there are links to the raw results for the three main events in spreadsheet form at the bottom of the page. All competitors, including women, are listed but there are no championship points so you can't see overall placings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic