BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Any Other Business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

WINDCHEETAH KARL SPARENBURG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RussAnton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 4:17pm
 There are obvious parallels to the following story and the WC 4 part massacre.  For what it's worth.

Thomas Agarate was a 25 year old French engineering student.   A bit over two years ago he had a vision and dropped out of school, bought a one-way ticket to California and embarked on a start-up.  He was going to build a waterproof gimbal for GoPro action cameras.  None existed.  At the peak of his effort he and another engineer worked on this project, but mostly it was just him. 

A sizable group of us invested in Thomas’ idea.  We were to get early delivery of his 1st product for our investment.

Early delivery was to be March 2016.  January 2016 Thomas informed us that he was having problems and there would be a delay until August 2016. 

No need to contact him, we received regular, unsolicited updates on his progress, or lack there of.

August came and went.  Well before August we knew we wouldn't get a gimbal by August.  He kept us informed. 

Over the following months we received E-mail updates, video’s of his operation, even online realtime conferences.

I never was stressed  or concerned over a possible loss of investment.  Never E-mailed, texted or tried to call Thomas.  No need to, he kept us well informed of every setback, and every success.

Yesterday I took delivery of my Slick gimbal!

A $300 investment in someone who I thought had a good idea, 

a year and a half late, but I couldn’t be happier.
Russ Anton
trsnrtr View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trsnrtr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 9:00pm
You hit the nail on the head, Russ.  ANY, correspondence would have been appreciated  I haven't heard anything since Mid January 2017 when Karl said, "I have your money."

Little did I know the full understanding of that comment.
mark aldridge View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark aldridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 5:00pm
Happy New Year to you all.

Just an update on the Windcheetah front.

I have just received a reply from Action Fraud. It looks just like a standard response with no specific details, just we are looking into and will keep you informed. I did not expect more at this stage but at least it is some progress.

Thinking dark thoughts and growling Sparenbergwards help me pass the time as I recover from a broken collar bone.

White van man wins again !

Ever optimistic.

Mark
D.TEK View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.TEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 5:21pm
I wonder if Action Fraud have joined up the dots and linked the other affected parties ?
Or has Mark had a standard 30 day message issued by valve powered computer rather than a human Confused
Sorry to read about you biff ....hope your on mend
....did you get an image of the driver ...did he have a red suit and white beard Wink
D.TEK HPVS purveyors of recumbent trikes and cycles
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by mark aldridge mark aldridge wrote:

Thinking dark thoughts and growling Sparenbergwards help me pass the time as I recover from a broken collar bone.

White van man wins again !

Ever optimistic.

Mark

b****r.
I haven't heard anything on the grapevine Cry
Number 47
trsnrtr View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trsnrtr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:56pm
I got the same canned response, twice actually.  :)

Anyway, I too wondered if the computer was counting AVD or Sparenberg instances.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic