BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Building
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

why not get your kids to do the hard work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why not get your kids to do the hard work?
    Posted: 13 September 2017 at 9:40pm
I was thinking of doing a crowdfunding project based on this:
Do you think they will sell?
funnyfrontend
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 7:42am
Will it sell? depend on price I would imagine.

How much will you be asking punters to stump up and what time frame for delivery?
Ian, retired.
bob walton View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 2:28pm
When it's done, the idea is that it'll be less than a tag along, and you can have one as quick a the postman can get it there. Smile

But for now its just an idea.
funnyfrontend
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 2:43pm
I like that!
I'm wondering if a bigger version might be a good alternative to a tandem for disabled/partially sighted riders...

Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 3:40pm
I actually rode a full size bike, where the kids bike is now. My 16 year old son rode the adult's bike. It was really unnerving for me because I wanted to turn the handlebars and they had a life of their own. I couldn't turn them. My son was wearing the trousers that day. But it wasn't really meant to be used with a smaller adult than the passenger. I am not sure I would recommend it.
funnyfrontend
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2017 at 2:52am
following popular demand ....... complete with child....
https://youtu.be/M2JAwGsBUY4

funnyfrontend
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 11:45am
I love this concept.
If the linkage is lightweight then it can be stowed away and used on demanding rides when the child is saying they can not peddle on their own and you can just clip it on and get them back home. Ditto for when the traffic is very bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic