BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Building
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Why do many velos have flat bottoms?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runcyclexcski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:37pm
Alan, this is essentially identical to the sketch(es) I have! :)
runcyclexcski View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runcyclexcski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:43pm
Yes, I get now where all these budges come from!

A mould like this would take me ages to make, if ever. That is why a cylinder is what I have sketched up. The front cone/cup: an inflated balloon coated with polyurea to create a mould, then apply fabric+resin and vacuum bag.

The tail: could use the same approach as with the cup, then it would be fully symmetrical, but the taper would not be there. Any other ways to make a taper? I could squeeze the cylinder between two surfaces at an angle, but then it will get squeezed both up and down, like toothpate, doh! :)

I am also looking for ways to make a full ellipsoid, with the distance between F1 and F2 about 2m, 90 cm in diameter.
GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:47pm
Who's Alan? Big smile
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:22am
Our illustrious chairman, of course. The BHPC is just like the old Soviet Union in that respect; all good ideas are routinely credited to the General Secretary of the Party (and all bad ones to "fascists", "reactionary elements" or the CIA). why do you think I used to refer to the committee as "The Politburo"? Wink
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 1:37pm
LOL

runcyclexcski View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runcyclexcski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 6:24pm
I am very sorry, Geoff, this is embarrassing. I read the wrong name, and I do not know everyone's name by heart yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic