BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Building
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Vents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vents
    Posted: 30 August 2019 at 7:22pm
We all know about NACA inlet ducts Does anyone know about outlet ducts ,do NACA ducts work to draw air out of the fairing if fitted backwards
SIMON
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 8:07am
AFAIA any hole as long as it's in a low pressure area will let air out, all a properly profiled NACA duct will do is reduce turbulence (drag) when reintroducing the exiting air into a laminar flow, I don't believe they actually pull air out, but I've been wrong many times so don't take my word for it, there is lots of reading on the net, some of which may be correct Big smile .
Ian, racing again No 6.
Balor View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 10:17pm
I think he saw that video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtEsdUzlIEk

So yea, they kind of do - if that is indeed that case, that is.
But what do you need it for? Boundary layer suction?
simon View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2019 at 3:24pm
After the worlds this year I was wanting to increase air flow to the rider and we noticed no out vents on faired bikes
SIMON
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2019 at 9:16pm
Probably only an issue if it was possible to build a sealed bike, but as long as it has wheels in contact with the road......

Roy 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic