BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

VELODROME SESSION AT THE YORK RALLY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VELODROME SESSION AT THE YORK RALLY
    Posted: 24 March 2015 at 6:56pm
Hi All,

We've been invited to take part in a velodrome session during the York Rally this year...
Any takers????

We'll need volunteers to organise while some people man the stand at the rally - so I'm hoping this gets a better response (ie some response...) than the recent call for BHPC race organisers, otherwise it won't happen....

This is from the Rally organisers....

"Hi Alan

It looks as though we can coordinate an HPV session on the velodrome as part of the Rally weekend.  The session will need to be cordinated with a supervised ride from The Knavesmire to the track (2- 3 miles), but the opportunity is there for you to organise the 'drome session along whatever lines you choose.

I am hoping we will also have another 'all-comers' freestyle session on the 'drome to which HPVs willl be very welcome.

There is some flexibility in timing, so we can talk about the details, but Saturday afternoon between 2 - 5pm could be an option.

Perhaps you could let me know what your ideal arrangement would be and we'll see how it fits in with the rest of the weekend.

How does this sound?

Cheers

Simon."

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2015 at 9:16pm
Just to clarify, are you looking for people to ride in the velodrome, some to organise the ride to the velodrome and some to man the stand whilst the others are either riding the velodrome or overseeing the ride to the velodrome Confused

I'd like to ride the velodrome please....Thumbs Up
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2015 at 9:28pm
I don't mind manning the stand for some of that time.

Heather
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2015 at 10:34pm

Yep! We'll need somebody covering the stand all weekend... We'll also need someone to organise a race at the velo and people to take part (preferably fast people so we don't look like a bunch of slow old gits... I'll be on the stand... Big smile

hotta View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2015 at 11:45pm
Hi Alan would like to help out and ride but would need someone to set me of and catch but my have that sorted by then anyhow 😄
never stop it hurts less in the end
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2015 at 11:46pm
Cool!!

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2015 at 8:11pm
Alan, you say a race? I thought it was a demonstration of speed?  If we have a race that means carting all the timing gear, clock flags getting timers paperwork etc, also not sure a race is wise first time in an indoor velodrome, it is indoor isn't it, not just Scunthorpe in York?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2015 at 8:47pm
It's a 250m outdoor (tarmac) velodrome apparently next to the new circuit we went to last year (and are going to in April).

So I'm guessing we need it to be a dry day!!!

We used to race on the indoor 250m velodrome at Newport and it was ok.
It won't be a BHPC points race - Format really would depend on who turns up...

I'm thinking more of a fun/demonstration rather than anything serious.

atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2015 at 8:49pm
Yes please sign us up. I would like to ride and Netty is happy to help where required as long as she gets shown what to do beforehand. This is on 3rd May 15 right?

Regards

Brian and Netty
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2015 at 8:52pm
Hi Brian,
No this is during the York Rally in June...

BHPC will have a stand at the main Rally on the racecourse.

All the best
Alan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic