BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Various Cycling Items for Sale or Give away

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Various Cycling Items for Sale or Give away
    Posted: 14 October 2019 at 9:49pm

Is that time of the year when you thinking about new projects or new cycles to buy for next year, so is time to try to make space for new things. I have few cycling parts in my garage sitting there which some people may make use of or interested in:

The shell of my “Blue Wave”. For people who do know what Blue Wave is some explanation; I have built an aerodynamic shell for my ICE Sprint trike. Is made of a steel frame and is covered with Dacron. It allow me to increase my speed in BHPC races by about 20% (from around 20mph to 25mph). I will want somebody to have it and use it. Any offer is welcomed if someone is really interested.

2.     Novosport Tail Fairing in Red Colour (SuperRider) in fibreglass. It was ordered for my ICE Sprint Trike, but it really did not fit on it. I have tried to adapt and race it, but it was not right; I have used it for the World Championship in 2012, and after 2012 I never use it. It is very nicely finished to a very good quality. I pay about 450£ at that time, I am happy to sell it for half of that and I will consider sensible offers.

3.      Front Wheel 24” with Airnimal Rim and Hope Front Hub; new, used for a test only.

4.     A set of 26”Wheels (559 Wheel XC 717 with Hope Pro-Hubs! Used but in very good condition

5.      SRAM TT500 10 Speeds Thumb Shifters (new in the box, never use or installed)

6.      Rear 24” Wheel Heavy Duty for MTB;

7. Bacchetta Bike Parts; I have bought the original Bacchetta kit, and I kept upgrading the bike to make it faster or to my liking. So probably I have all the parts to build a new Bacchett with the exception of frame and seat (Aluminium fork and all steering components (Aluminium 1-1/8” Fork for Bacchetta Giro 26 ATT models and will fit up to a 700c wheel, w/v-brake studs and disc brake tab. Steering Riser  – 3-Piece System – SWB (Three-Piece Adjustable system for 1 1/8” head tubes only) and riser clamp. Stem – B-Pivot Locking (for Handlebar). Seat Foam – for Carbon Seat – 3-Inch thick, BB7 Brakes, Shimano Disk Brakes, etc). 8

8.      As I bought a new Pelso Brevet Bike, I will consider selling my Bacchetta the upgraded version for sensible offers.

Various Chain Rings with guards (57 teeth, 53 teeth, etc.) 

If anyone is interested in any parts, please ask for info or send me a Private message. If anyone will want something for Sunday, I will be happy to bring it with me.

John Lucian
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2019 at 9:11pm
Interested in the tail fairing, what with it being the right colour and everything...

Edited by kim - 15 October 2019 at 9:28pm
johnlucian View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2019 at 10:20pm
I will be happy to give it to you, but if you thinking about installing on your current racing bike, I believe that it will be too big for it. I will try to upload some pictures of it, so you can understand how it looks. Let's see if it works first.
John Lucian
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2019 at 11:40pm
Hmm, is that 26" Sprint?  We've got a Sprint RS with a mesh seat here which is ...completely useless as a comparison.

Seat looks similar to mine (it's actually a HPVelotechnik medium from before they went BodyLink, the Baron's original seat was too big for me), but you've got a lot more space there between the wheel and the seat - I'd estimate about twice as much as I have in my being-able-to-see-the-road position (I only fully recline the seat for racing).  Depends how upright the seat's set of course, but if you have to have the seat really upright, that probably defeats the effect of a fairing.  And how much the fairing can overhang the wheel at the back...

On the gripping hand, the Novosport website describes it as: "It was developed for "low" recumbents like the Baron etc. and trikes with similar geometry in the rear construction.", which sounds promising...

If you've got room to bring it to Hillingdon we could offer it up to the bike and see if it's likely to fit?

Edited by kim - 15 October 2019 at 11:40pm
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2019 at 10:01pm
I will try to bring it with me if I can fit into my car.
John Lucian
evenbad View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evenbad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2019 at 1:03am
PM sent
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2019 at 4:59pm
John

Whats the current status of the Blue Wave ?

Do you have any pictures of the inside of it ?

regards Paul
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 10:59pm
The Blue Wave is available. I will have to find some pictures to send you or get some new ones. But probably it will have to be in the weekend before I can do it!
John Lucian
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 7:23am
hi John

Nice to hear from you.

It is a long shot I want to get something like this :-

but on this :-

Mid pivot Python.

So rather than pictures could you take me 3 measurements ?

Maximum width top of front wheel arches.
Centre of wheel arch to front
Centre of wheel arch to back of cockpit opening.

I wondered if I peeled back the Dacron I could cut it behind cockpit opening and pivot front then just blank in wheel arches ?

all the best Paul

ps maybe not what you intended Wink
pps one of your seats been to Holland last 5 years for 2 weeks cycle camping Smile
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2019 at 7:29pm
Paul,
The maximum width at the top of fron wheel arches is around 750mm. Centre of wheel arch to front is around 900mm, and it is about the same to the back of cockpit opening.

You can peel up the dacron, but I doubt that the frame will fit to your trike. The frame has been build specifically to fit and be fixed to the ICE Sprint frame. It will fit to a similar size and style trike, but you will have to adpt the fixing. However, it will not fit to your DELTA configuration; you will have to chop it and rebuild it.
RegarDS,
John 
John Lucian
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic