BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Social Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Using P&O ferries from Hull

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using P&O ferries from Hull
    Posted: 10 April 2018 at 5:26pm
Hi all

2 of us are planning a trip to Zeebrugge and on into Holland for 12 or so days.

We will be cycling onto the ferry and sharing a cabin , P&O have a statement on there web site that says 1 bicycle per booking ?

On contacting them they say if we inform them we can 'take' a bicycle each and they will add a note to that effect on the booking ?

Now has anyone else had to do that ?

We actually have trikes not bikes ?

I will be towing a 2 wheel trailer ?

Any advice ?

regards Paul

Edited by stormbird - 10 April 2018 at 5:27pm
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 1:28pm
Paul, Lee Wakefield did this for him and me back in 2013 when we rode to Spezi, well actually it was just me as Lee pulled out of the trip, this was with velomobiles. I had no problem despite Lee being the main contact and actually booking the ferry.
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 1:47pm
Thanks.

Hopefully Lee will be along shortly to tell me what to do.

regards Paul
Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 6:47pm
I know members of at least two sizeable cycling parties who have travelled on P&O North Sea services, including Hull - Zeebrugge, in the recent past. One bike per passenger - which surely is the intention of the rule - has been no problem.
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 9:35pm
Adrian

Well ' 1 bicycle per booking ' is meaningless ?

Is one cabin a booking ? 1 person a booking ?

there is 2 of us going but only 1 Booking number ?

Also just trying to establish do I tell them they are trikes ? one towing a trailer ?

regards Paul
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 9:44pm
2 people sharing a cabin with two bikes, only one booking required, speak to the ferry company to clarify, it's the only way you'll get an answer.

I've just booked a ferry to the Isle of Man, one booking, but shows two people and having spoken with the ferry company (confirmed by email) they are happy that we each take one velomobile FOC.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic