BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Building
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Transponder Tags on Carbon Fibre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Kim Kim wrote:

Yeah, no difference between the ABS and any other non-conductive material.  Cardboard, correx, wood, polystyrene, air, etc, may as well not be there.

Thanks Kim. New access panels it is then. The better aerodynamics will outweigh the extra 8 grams of weight.

All the best.
Roy
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 9:09am
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Air?!
I think Kim may have found the backing material light enough for the new velo Roy!

All the best
Roy

legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 11:54am
I remember a certain Matthias König saying “I wish he'd make them stronger instead of lighter!”
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 12:10pm
He makes them however you ask him to.Big smile His own one is the same weight as mine. He test rode mine and immediately took it all apart again and redid the tracking and suspension. He isn't satisfied until it feels perfect to him.Approve
All the best.
Roy
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by RoyMacdonald RoyMacdonald wrote:

Thanks Kim. New access panels it is then. The better aerodynamics will outweigh the extra 8 grams of weight.

And you can stick the tag to the inside, for an even more marginal gain Thumbs Up
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2020 at 8:17am
Hadn't thought of that one Kim. Clap
All the best.
Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic