BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Touring bike wanted (Streetmachine, SIX, etc)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slave to the Viking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Touring bike wanted (Streetmachine, SIX, etc)
    Posted: 05 September 2021 at 12:24am
Hiya folks,

I'm looking for a workhorse type of bike - something comfortable rather than sporty, something I can hang luggage on. As mentioned in the subject, I mean something along the lines of an HPV Streetmachine, an Azub SIX, that sort of idea. I specifically want USS; other specs...well, let's see what you've got! Hub gearing and a dynamo would be ideal though. I'm pretty tall, so big wheels aren't a problem.

I'm in North Yorkshire, but I'm happy to travel for the right thing.

Anything out there, let me know.

Cheers
brianday View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 11:45am
I have a Nazca Paseo in Almost new condition lots of extras
£1200 Norwich
Brian D
Slave to the Viking View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slave to the Viking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2021 at 8:07am
Excellent - I've sent you a private message.
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slave to the Viking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2021 at 8:06am
For the sake of the forum thread, my request is still open: I didn't go for the above Paseo as it had a tiller and I'm looking for underseat steering, but it was definitely along the right lines for the sort of model I'm wanting.

So...I'm still on the lookout, if anyone else has anything!
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2021 at 8:28am

Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slave to the Viking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2021 at 9:16am
I had seen it, yes, and I was initially quite tempted. It's a bit low-slung though: I'm hoping for something with at least one 26" (or bigger) wheel - I'm a good 6'4" so I can easily get my feet down on a taller bike, and I'd like to take advantage of that.

Thanks for pointing it out though, I really appreciate it!
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2021 at 11:19am
Have you considered changing the steering? Parts are available for most recumbents.< id="BFI_" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; display: none;">
All the best.
Roy
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slave to the Viking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2021 at 12:08pm
I've certainly considered it - especially as that Paseo looks to be in such good nick - but I don't want to find myself in a position where I think I'll be able to do it and then realise there are parts I can't get (or parts I haven't considered which then make it a more protracted/expensive enterprise than it's worth).

I once tried to put integrated shifters on my old upright, and happened across a vast catalogue of obsolete diameters and incompatible spacings which were almost insurmountable and left me wishing I hadn't bothered! So now I need to be 100% sure it'll work before I try it...and, as a relative novice in the recumbent world, I'm a fair way distant from 100%.
yostumpy View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yostumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 2:35pm
PM sent
dougie View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2021 at 1:18pm
I'm planning to sell my HPV Streetmachine next month, if you're still looking.
Dougie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic