BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Any Other Business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Tour of Britain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tour of Britain
    Posted: 04 September 2017 at 6:47pm
Hi folks
The tour is coming to my town of Hucknall in Nottinghamshire it is to go up the new pedestrianised high street to do that the council built a new inner relief road which incidentally goes past our house, I have to walk for five minutes now to get a view, how inconsiderate of them but hopefully a little video may be possible, it is on the 6th of this month, looking forward to that.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2017 at 6:51pm
Excellent! There is also a stage starting right here in Hemel Hempstead on Saturday! Big smile

atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2017 at 11:17pm
Stage start 10:45 High Street, Newmarket 8-Sep-17
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 3:44pm

Hello again
well there it was gone stage 4 of the t.o.b goes through Hucknall in Nottinghamshire, I came out early sun was shining, met a few friends along the high street one of which I have not seen in some 30 years due to him moving away, so great to catch up, managed to stake a place right at the side of the barrier on a corner so hopefully they will have to slow down just a little, great, after three quarters of an hour a couple just come and stand in front of the barrier in front of me, a few choice mutterings were said and I think they got the message and moved to the side then another woman tried it smart phone up in the air taking selfies etc, after telling her that this was not the best place to stand if they come of their bikes at the corner but it did not sink in but she did crouch down at least now if she did get hit she would  be closer to the floor and normal service was resumed a guy next to us had a live feed on his smart phone so we knew when they where close and the crowds turned out in force in fact someone commented they had not seen so many people since Elsie Tanner opened the Co-op, not much happens around here, normal service now resumed and a great view they came and the rest is history, managed to get a couple of photo's and some short vids here is the link.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/recumbents/

Edited by blogwat - 06 September 2017 at 5:39pm
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by blogwat blogwat wrote:

...someone commented they had not seen so many people since Elsie Tanner opened the Co-op...
Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic