BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2018 Round 8: York Sport Village, Sunday 24th June
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 Round 8: York Sport Village, Sunday 24th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 Round 8: York Sport Village, Sunday 24th June
    Posted: 09 June 2018 at 5:23pm
This is the place for discussion about the 8th round of the 2018 BHPC races on the cycle circuit at York Sport Village, YO10 5FG: 

We have the 1km cycle circuit booked from 10:30-12:30 and the neighbouring 250m outdoor velodrome from 13:00-15:00.

First and foremost we need volunteers to help organise (with sign-on, deciding on race formats etc). Please post on here and/or let me know if you are willing to help out? The circuit and the velodrome are only about 50 metres apart and I’m sure there will be plenty of people (ie. everybody else) willing to assist with the moving the race kit set up to and between the two venues on the day.

I suggest we start sign-on at 9:30

Edited by ChrisH - 09 June 2018 at 5:33pm
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 5:26pm
If anyone wants to make a weekend of it this is on the same weekend as the York Cycle Rally  

http://yorkrally.org/

so plenty of interesting things to keep you occupied on the Sarturday
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 6:36pm
BHPC will have a stand/marquee at the York Rally so on the Saturday we'll be letting people know about the racing on Sunday - That may well mean a few more spectators than usual...

Woolly Hat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woolly Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:21am
Do we know what the race format/lengths will be this Sunday?

Edited by Woolly Hat - 20 June 2018 at 8:22am
Ross Low Racer 77 and coming soon Radicality 0.9!
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:25am
Nobody has volunteered to organise the racing at York as far as I know... Cry

Woolly Hat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woolly Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 8:43am
It is still on for Sunday though? 
Ross Low Racer 77 and coming soon Radicality 0.9!
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 10:46am
I don't know what race formats the race organisers have chosen because nobody has yet offered to help race organise at York.

Edited by ChrisH - 20 June 2018 at 10:54am
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 6:48pm
Hi Chris
I will be going to York so I can organise if someone will give me a hand as for race formats how about a one hour plus one lap on the circuit and the maybe a 45 minute race on the velodrome, just an idea if anyone has any other thoughts, also who has the sign on laptop and race kit.
Cheers.
Jeff.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
hotta View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 10:50pm
Hi Jeff
I’ve got the race kit and will be there Friday evening
never stop it hurts less in the end
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 12:16am
Originally posted by blogwat blogwat wrote:

Hi Chris
I will be going to York so I can organise if someone will give me a hand as for race formats how about a one hour plus one lap on the circuit and the maybe a 45 minute race on the velodrome, just an idea if anyone has any other thoughts, also who has the sign on laptop and race kit.
Cheers.
Jeff.

The circuit is only hired for two hours so fast and slow races won't fit.

Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic