BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2015 Round 3: Olympic Park, 24th May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bobcolover View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobcolover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 Round 3: Olympic Park, 24th May
    Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:08pm
Sorry i wanted to quibble my 40 minute result

i have a query about my result for the 40 minute slow race where both shaun ballantine and i were under the distinct impression that i had beaten him and therefore came above him in the results;

he just beat me in the 10 minute slow dash but i certainly thought that i had bettered him in the longer race; 

if my laps were miscounted by my timer would that have resulted in the mistake in my placing??

my time seems to be faster than shauns and geoff booker at 45.31.32

can anyone help me out and confirm this
many thanks
not exactly sure of the etiquette
bob c

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:50pm
Quibbling over the Lee Valley results is now officially CLOSED.

The final results are now available on the website together with the updated 2015 Championship Table.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 9:48am
Many grateful thanks also to Bikefix, the famous Bloomsbury cycling emporium, for sponsorship of the Lee Valley event.

Finally, thanks also to the BHPC Treasurer for agreeing to me hiring a circuit which is never going to turn in a profit for us but which seemed to be enjoyed by everyone I talked to on Sunday

Edited by Andrew S - 26 May 2015 at 9:49am
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

Can anyone with a comp or GPS which was switched on during the first race (unlike mine Unhappy) give us an estimate of the lap length?
Many thanks to Russell and David for their functioning GPSs. Both give a lap-length for the first race of 0.88 miles, when adjusted for the nominal length of the full circuit being exactly 1.00 miles, so that's what we'll go with.
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 8:12am
Originally posted by GeoffBird GeoffBird wrote:

Loaded in Chrome for me.

I tried on a different computer without the 'AdBlockPlus' Chrome extension and it worked OK - it must be something in this extension that's blocking the photos.
Russ
Bru-Bee View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bru-Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 6:59am
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

I've now sent the sheet to our esteemed competition secretary for checking and to Kevin for publication so if there are any further quibbles please post them ASAP...

I think that my position and Mike's may be the wrong way round in round 2 race 1;  I definitely went over the line behind him... although over the distance perhaps I was the same speed because I started behind him, too!

Sorry for the delay in commenting on this.

cheers

Bruce

------Bru-Bee------
GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 8:18pm
Loaded in Chrome for me.
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 7:33pm
Some great photos there Mike, many thanks for putting those online. FYI I can't get the photos to load using Chrome, but they load OK using Internet Explorer.

Re: the track length issue, I get the following with my TomTom GPS:
7 laps in the slow race = 6.0miles = 0.86miles/lap
17 laps in the fast race = 16.7miles = 0.98miles/lap

Edited by russellbridge - 25 May 2015 at 7:36pm
Rc-Soar View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rc-Soar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 6:40pm
Geoff, a PM is on its way.

Mike
GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 4:42pm
You best set yet Mike! Can I use some in the magazine please (although it won't be the next one now)?
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic