BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

12 and 24 hour UK records

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 and 24 hour UK records
    Posted: 04 August 2014 at 9:19pm
More information than you could possibly want about speed runs at http://recumbents.com/wisil/fastest_list.asp, as compiled by the indefatigable "Upright" Mike Mowett.

Rob was hobbling around for a day or two after his crash but still managed to win the drag races on his Bike Friday. And a small scratch under his eye after passing through a bush after the windscreen popped out. He's in a lot worse state at the moment having lost a fight with a tree while racing his upright not long ago.

Pat Kinch's record of 57.5 mph was set in 1992 on the runway at RAF Fairford - more details on the above link (the spreadsheet is unreadable on my iPad).
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
ULVTeam View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ULVTeam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 10:30am
Thanks! Where do you find all this information? Is there a website? 

I hope Rob was OK after his crash.

I have found a lot on Pat Kinch breaking the hour record but not found anything on him attempting the 200m record. If he set this in the UK do you know what course/city he did this?

If you know where I can find all this information please let me know.

Patrick
ULV Team
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 8:26am
Isn't the UK (set in the UK) record for the flying 200m still held by Pat Kinch?
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 12:24am
Rob's highest official speed was 67.37 mph at Battle Mountain in 2002.  He was probably running at 70-odd when he crashed a couple of days later.
====================

ULVTeam View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ULVTeam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 2:19pm
Hi Everyone,

We are working very hard on creating a bicycle that will be capable of breaking the World record Sept 2015. All really enjoying the project! Recently we have been making a wind tunnel model, please see the attached picture. (not sure how to attach it but you can follow this link)

Does anyone know what the current UK record is for the World’s fastest human powered vehicle is? I found a spreadsheet and it is pointing towards...

Speed: 70mph
Rider: Rob English
HPV: Mango
Engineers: Miles Kingsbury, Rob English, King Cycle
Date: 2002
Course: Battle Mountain, WHSC

Cheers,

Patrick
ULV Team

Edited by ULVTeam - 03 August 2014 at 2:25pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 3:22pm

BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 2:59pm
I'm not sure that any BRITON has been badly enough possessed to attempt such things on anything other than an upright. Cycling Time Trials lists the current 12h record as 317.97 miles and the 24h as 541.17.  Both held by Andy Wilkinson.  TT records can be found here: http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/Competition/Competition-Records (I think I have b0rked the linky SCIENCE)

Edit: I notice they still haven't posted a Ladies' tandem record in spite of what my chums Charlotte and Julian did in the Mersey Roads 24 in 2008.  Gits.

Edited by legs_larry - 30 July 2014 at 3:05pm
====================

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 1:24pm
Does anybody know what the official 12 and 24 hour UK records are for HPVs or where to find them???

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic