BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

British records

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Upright Mike View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upright Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: British records
    Posted: 05 November 2011 at 6:26am
Rob English also holds the 200-meter streamlined record at 67.37 mph set at Battle Mountain in 2002.  On his world-famous crash approaching the traps, it was rumoured he was doing 70 mph in the Mango. The video on YouTube has over half-million views.  Another video, since taken down, had even better coverage of the crash and its aftermath.  This video was of Tanya Markham on a science documentary.

I was in Rob's chase vehicle when he did his 50.105 miles on the Nissan Proving Grounds.  It was the most impressive streamliner handling feat I have ever seen.  There was gusts of 25 mph winds, accompanied with tornado-like dust devils dancing around the track.  Rob said how he had the steering at full lock on some of the turns as he fought to keep the vehicle tracking straight in the wind.

My UNOFFICIAL LIST of BEST TOP SPEEDS and ONE-HOUR RUNS...
Search for UK
Mike Mowett
Yowie View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 11:06pm
As mentioned elsewhere, can we please collate the current British records somewhere?

Originally posted by Adrian Setter Adrian Setter wrote:

The Keeper of Thee Records in this respect is Richard Ballantine.  It would be good to get the records up on the main site somewhere, but I don't think they are there currently.  To the best of my knowledge, the following are WHPVA-recognised British hour records.

Open: 50.105 miles - Rob English, Nissan Test Track, Arizona 2007
(best on British soil: 46.96 miles - Pat Kinch 1990)
Women: 32.52 miles - Claire King, Reading 2003
Unfaired: Mike Burrows set a record at Scunthorpe in 2009, somewhere a bit short of 29 miles

Something about a trike hour record mentioned...

What about recognised non- hour records.  What are they for starters?

Sorry to be a nag. Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic