BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Any Other Business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Thank You BHPC! (& FRO update)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dragonfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank You BHPC! (& FRO update)
    Posted: 01 January 2019 at 9:38pm
I've been wanting to publicly acknowledge those who were instrumental in retrieving my Windcheetah FRO in 2018.  One year ago, odds were heavily against my ever seeing the FRO which was completely finished in April, 2017 and sitting in Karl's workshop for many months.  The FRO (#888) is now hibernating in my garage, awaiting warmer, spring weather.  I put 1,500 miles on this trike and have enjoyed it immensely.  It's roughly 10 lbs. lighter and clearly faster than any of my other performance trikes.

It's only because of sharing knowledge and the amazingly generous assistance via this BHPC forum that the FRO made it out of the UK to my home in the US.  I learned a ton about England (geography, regulations, etc...) and I'm so appreciative of all those who helped.  Mark Aldridge, who started the infamous 18 page "Windcheetah Karl Sparenberg" discussion in 2016 and shared details with me on acquisition of his FRO; Alan Goodman for moderating, encouraging and allowing the discussion to evolve; all those who posted information on their unfilled orders or other details about recovering property; Bryan Ball of Bentrider, for taking photos of my FRO at Spezi, 2017; and most of all, Kevin Dunseath, who orchestrated retrieval, expert packing and shipment of my FRO.  It was a nail biter for months.  Officer Craig McCabe of the Chorley Police Precinct, Alonzo Savage and even Karl himself confirmed my FRO was there and worked towards transferring it to Kevin.  

While I still feel very badly for those who paid and were also expecting trikes to be built for them, it is only fair to say Karl tried, but failed to keep AVD Windcheetah afloat.  He at least needs credit for what he did right, despite the eventual messy demise of AVD.  He has had plenty of company in other businesses that eventually faced bankruptcy. Please, let's not beat a dead horse.

I continue to follow fascinating threads like the poor Soup Dragon and it's tale of woe getting to Battle Mountain.  Keep up the good work, BHPC.  I appreciate having many new friends over there and wish you all a prosperous 2019!

Robin
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2019 at 9:43pm
Glad you got the right result in the end! If you ever venture across the pond you'll be more than welcome at any of our events!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic