BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

StourPort

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: StourPort
    Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:53pm
looks like I'll be able to make it down to Stourport, as not out DofE'ing that weekend.

I'll do 1st aid if needed, not sure if racing yet, so I don't want to volunteer to organisate if I can get away with it.

I'm planning on riding down, racing will depend on whether the quest goes round that top corner better than otp!

Anyone fancies a ride down from mine to Stourport feel free to join me, it's about 25 miles each way and not stupidly hilly** :D

** mostly
GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:20pm
Will be good to see you Ian. A rally-style handbrake turn will do the job and please the crowd Wink
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
fards View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:43am
yah,

unfortunately that's what broke all the spokes the last time I was there
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:39pm
How tight is the corner?? Are we talking Shrewsbury? Curborough?
Looking forward to it... Big smile
Number 47
GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:46pm
There are two Shrewsbury-ish corners, one right in front of the clubhouse for showing off/making a fool of yourself (delete accordingly).

The clubhouse also has BEER and fishfinger sandwiches. All in all - Heaven on Earth Big smile

Edited by GeoffBird - 06 August 2012 at 11:47pm
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 7:51am
Excellent!!
Do we have an organisator yet??
Number 47
Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:45am
No, not yet

Come on, racers!  You're running out of chances to do your duty this season.
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer - Increasingly little of a Burrows Ratracer VLR
fards View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:04am
The bottom corner is shrewsburyish (but flatter , doesn't tighten up, being more of an exact U shape and as Geoff says, right in front of the spectators).

The top corner is tighter, and depending on which way you come at it, dips into the middle or climbs out, more bottom of curborough combined with alpine switch back.
On two wheels unfaired its not an issue, on a sticky bike in a pack it may even be enjoyable, with limited lock it's awkward.
I managed to prang a wheel there last year, I think landing it sideways with the brakes on (didn't realise it was in the air at the time) may have done that.

I do love the course, and its great that we can have one that the "mid-pack" racers can do well on :D

Edited by fards - 07 August 2012 at 10:06am
fards View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:08am
Bottom flat corner is by the clubhouse,in the centre of the picture.

The track climbs up (fairly gently but its possible three times the height difference to Shrewsbury) upto the top corner (top left).   

Edited by fards - 07 August 2012 at 10:10am
BarneyH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 10:36am
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

How tight is the corner?? Are we talking Shrewsbury? Curborough?
Looking forward to it... Big smile

No need to worry about the corners Alan - at your speed they're perfectly fine!

To be honest you'll love it - I'm just jealous to be missing this circuit this year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic