BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Spezi 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spezi 2014
    Posted: 28 November 2013 at 9:09am
Hi folks
for those that may be interested Velovision are running a bus to Spezi next year check out the Velovision site for details.
Cheers.
Jeff.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 9:06am
lazy. Should ride there and back!
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 10:21pm
would love to, but not a mega althete like yourself Wink
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2013 at 8:03am
It was a general comment on the juxtaposition that an "organisation" like velovision organises motorised transportation for people in pursuit of human powered transport.

Of course I realise that most people wouldn't want to spend 2 or 3 days cycling there and back even if they were fit or trying to get fitter (as I was).

Are you going Jeff?
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2013 at 6:42pm
Yes on the bus Ian , I might try a few bikes when I get there if that helps , riding 10 miles in my contraption is hard work never mind 100 miles a day they have to lift me off my race bike so after that amount they would just chuck a blanket over me and call it a day  LOL.
Jeff.
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2013 at 11:37am

I don't know if you've been before, but I was surprised how few manufacturers had demo bikes to try. The space available to try them was limited and busy with pedestrians as well. I found a couple of hours long enough to see all exhibits and have a chat with some of them. I would have spent more time if I'd been in the market for something - glad I didn't take my credit card otherwise a Troytech bike would have been in my shed now.
tincanracer View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 9:28am
I'm going, I went in 2011 and found it a thoroughly enjoyable weekend. Had plenty of time on the test track and looking at exhibits. Although you could do the whole show in a few hours sadly I am someone who can just stand and look at bikes.

On a different note I have withdrawn my entry on the London 100 thing next August as they never replied to my email asking if I could ride a Moulton. I am organising the local Origami ride that weekend instead. I want to do something where a man isn't judged by the size of his wheels!

Stuart

Laid Back in Spirit
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2014 at 8:53am
Hi Folks
just asking are there any more people intrested in the bus trip to Spezi in germany there are still a few more spaces left and if it is not full it may get cancelled, it sounds like a good weekend and a chance to see some of the latest bikes and velomobiles contact details are on the Velovision web site. cheers.
Jeff.
MartinQS View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinQS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2014 at 5:41pm
How do you book /pay for the ticket/bus and where and when does it leave from?
Cheers, Martin
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 9:11am
Hi Martin
if you check out Velovision web site it will tell you all the details and you have to contact steven rose whose email is on the website I believe. Cheers.
Jeff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic