BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

SOLD ---ICE B1 folding recumbent vgc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLD ---ICE B1 folding recumbent vgc
    Posted: 03 June 2020 at 7:36am
Hi all

For sale, a rare opportunity to purchase an (2008) ICE B1 folding recumbent bike. Only about 100 were made.
This is for sale on behalf of the owner ,  the bike has probably done less than 40 miles in 12 years!.

It is in good condition asking price £850 ovno 

The Bike can be viewed at Mansfield or if you are serious it could also be in Scunthorpe if that helps you travel wise ?

The specification is as follows:

4130 cromo main frame with 7005 series aluminium rear swing arm and boom.

Seat angle and boom length are easily adjusted the bars can be adjusted for rake and height so the bike will fit a wide range of riders.

The shifters and derailleurs are all SRAM X9 and the brakes are Avid BB7 mechanical disks.

The rear cassette is ICE's own version of a Capreo hub with a 9-32 range.

The stem folds to allow easy entry/exit to the seat.

The rear suspension provides a comfortable ride this is easily adjusted by changing the elastomer - it is fitted with the red "medium" one at the moment ICE recommend a rider weight of between 57 - 91 kg [ a softer and harder elastomer are also available ].

The big advantage of this machine is that it will fit in a small hatchback with wheel removed and folding the rear swing arm under the frame this takes less then 2 minutes as shown on video.

So they are the good bits ?

Now the bad bits !

The front disc occasionally rubs

The rear end is very noisy! looking at the chain I think 12 years in a loft has removed all lubrication from it.

There are a few ' hanger rash ' marks in the otherwise stunning paint work.

Although the B1 is no longer in production ICE's customer service, has now been passed on to Kevin at D Tek, in Thetford who can now supply most parts for this bike.  

Please feel free to contact me with any questions - note the bike will be on Ebay shortly if there is no interest  so may be withdrawn from on sale here.

Any questions please ask I have many more bigger photos which I can email on request.

Viewing available , respecting social distancing for our safety.

Please get in touch with me on here , a mobile number/email address  can be supplied PM me.

regards Paul

Edited by stormbird - 04 June 2020 at 4:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic