BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Silverstone 24 Hour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silverstone 24 Hour
    Posted: 02 May 2013 at 10:41am
Hi All,

As you probably know by now the 24 hour event at Silverstone is on the weekend of 14th/15th September.
We have moved our Fowlmead event to the week before to avoid a clash of dates.

The organisers of the Silverstone event (notice I am carefully avoiding calling it a race... Wink) have agreed to allow unfaired and part faired recumbent bikes and trikes to take part.

Fully faired machines and four wheelers (pedal cars) have unfortunately been excluded...

Mike Burrows is keen to demonstrate the superiority of laid back machines (although this event is not a race... Wink).

Is anybody interested in forming a team of three or four riders to take part in this event??

Please register an interest here if you would like to join in...

Entry fees are a £175 per person for a three person team, and £150 per person for a four man team... A solo entry (if you are barking mad...) is £200

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A RACE AND THERE WILL BE SLOWER RIDERS ON THE TRACK ON MOUNTAIN/SHOPPING BIKES... BUT THERE WILL BE PRIZES FOR HIGHEST NUMBER OF LAPS COMPLETED ETC...

Number 47
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:44pm
this is an excellent space if you want to set timed records!!!
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:45pm
bit gutted the ff'ed cant go to play, but out of safity and slower riders...... we should respect that.
Hedgehog View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 7:04pm
It is all rather strange that initially the organisers where keen to see fully faired machines.  Then it appears that someone got to them and said that FF were far to fast and dangerous around other bikes Shocked - that said, which bikes have lights, mirrors, indicator etc... errrr not the trikes or part faired. 

Oh well their loss we shall go play elsewhere.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 7:34pm
I think the entry fees are likely to put most people off anyway to be honest... I haven't heard from anybody apart from Mike who is considering entering.

They weren't really put off allowing fully faired machines - Other way around - British Cycling weren't happy with them including recumbents at all... So getting the unfaired and part faired machines included was a bonus...

Having spoken to the organisers the event will have (they hope) up to 800 riders with some relatively inexperienced riders on slower machines (mountain bikes etc) and they were very concerned about the speed difference between them and the fastest fully faired machines (Slash, Lee and co are quite capable of hitting 40+MPH in places of course).
Also there will be riders entering and exiting the pits, in the dark...

The organisers decided to draw the line at fully faired machines - A shame because there may have been some pedal car entries otherwise.

All BHPC events welcome fully faired machines of course... Come along and have a play at any of them... Thumbs Up
Number 47
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:09pm
Hedge Hog, why don't you come to Castle Combe?  Nice wide track, 2hrs of fun especially if pissing it down and blowing a gale, lots of slower riders to negotiate (usually at the chicanes for some reason).  Probably the closest track to you as well!  I'll be there in the Quest wallowing round the bends!
Ian, not so ex racer but still of dubious capability
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:13pm

Good call...

Castle Coombe is fairly boring at my pace but I imagine those chicanes are great fun in a fully faired machine...
Much better when we run it anti-clockwise in my humble opinion...
Number 47
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 8:58am
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

British Cycling weren't happy with them including recumbents at all...

is that offical? if so it is more evidence I've been looking for as a BC member.....

rgd
gst
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by graydog graydog wrote:

is that offical? if so it is more evidence I've been looking for as a BC member.....

rgd
gst

It's definitely what the organisers told me...
Number 47
jes@gcre View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jes@gcre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:13am
To be honest, the entry fee for a 4-driver pedal car team was going to be £600.

Compared to the whopping £35 that 6 drivers have to find between them for Shenington it's frankly ridiculous, "home of british motorsport" or not.
Racing is life...
Anything which happens before or afterwards is just standing around waiting to race....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic