BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Building
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Recently acquired TW Bents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recently acquired TW Bents
    Posted: 23 June 2018 at 5:15pm
Involved in a hit & run with my Trice XL ago few weeks and it's now with Kevin at D'Tek for a thorough assessment. Anyway, I got myself a TW Bents to keep me going over the summer and it needs a few things sorting out.

Firstly, the rake of the seat appears to be adjustable as the rear folks are telescopic and have two securing bolts on each leg. However, the seat is also secured mid point by a bracket (2nd photo). The seat pivots around the front two bolts (3rd photo). So if the rake can be adjusted, either that bracket isn't necessary or you need a different size bracket for different rake angles. Alternatively, I could be missing something?

I'm also having problems with the chain tubes. I wanted to remove them, but the design of the trike is such that without them upper chain would rub on the cruciform joint and the lower chain would rub on the right cruciform arm. I've used tape to keep the tubes from moving as cable ties didn't work. However, I'd like a better solution if possible.

The trike has no bosses for bottle cages. Is it easy enough to add them (it's an aluminium frame and I want to avoid using clamps)?

Is this the Artifice model prior to it being made as a folder? Below is a stock photo as I forgot to take a photo of my complete trike. 

Been having problems with the chain breaking, both standard and quick links. Don't know the trike's history, so I'm going to fit a new chain and cassette. However, does anyone think there may be something up with the drivetrain setup?

Finally, it's really difficult to refit the rear wheel in the dropouts. I've never had a problem with any other cycle I've owned, but with this I have to remove the skewer as well as use gravity to help the refit. I'm not springing to increase the gap as the frame is aluminium, but it's a very tight fit.

Edited by grazie - 23 June 2018 at 5:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic