BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Reading, 18th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 5:22am
is there any way that in future the timing system can be left elswhere?  It is a burden on gNick having to drive down south everytime, and it would mean in future that it would be available for eas(ier) delivery as there are many riders from the midlands south so passing to somebody who is attending is not too onerous.  Just had a thought, does gNick have to have the system for uplaoding/downoading/tweaking etc?
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 8:25am
Andrew and I can bring a computer to do the sign on etc and a camera to record the races but with no timing system, it will, sadly, be difficult to achieve Keith's idea of fastest laps.

We have the track until 4.30 but we do have to be off it by then and cleared away or they charge us more money.

Heather

tosgh View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tosgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 8:43am
just one issue, last time we were there there were three races because the track is small and attendance might be large.
weight is everything
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 8:45am
Originally posted by HeatherF HeatherF wrote:

Andrew and I can bring a computer to do the sign on etc and a camera to record the races.

Thanks Heather... Clap

Who has the stopwatches/flags/bell/clock etc and will they make it to Hillingdon??

Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 11:31am
I have the flags and clock-board.  Transport of the blue box (incl. stopwatches) from Stourport to Reading was arranged by Claire - I'm informed we have Jonathan to thank for this.

Alan - we're racing at Reading on Saturday, by the way

Edited by Adrian Setter - 17 June 2011 at 11:33am
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Adrian Setter Adrian Setter wrote:

Alan - we're racing at Reading on Saturday, by the way

D'oh!!!!

This old age thing isn't all it's cracked up to be... Big smile

gNick View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Yanto Yanto wrote:

is there any way that in future the timing system can be left elswhere?  It is a burden on gNick having to drive down south everytime, and it would mean in future that it would be available for eas(ier) delivery as there are many riders from the midlands south so passing to somebody who is attending is not too onerous.  Just had a thought, does gNick have to have the system for uplaoding/downoading/tweaking etc?

Yes, once it is working reliably, believe me I really want this to be the responsibility of the race organisers and NOT the sole responsibility of myself or any other single person.
No I don't need the system to tweak the results but I do need it to be able to check any physical mods. Current plan is to hand it over to whoever is doing Scunthorpe after Preston and Lancaster weekend, so if someone would volunteer for that...

I am waiting on some new improved (mostly smaller) bits from Kit and I would like to incorporate those to try and make the whole lot a bit more manageable. The current reader is also falling apart, I must have used second rate glue last time so that needs putting back together as well.
I would also like to get the reader software simplified and modified to make that process easier.

As it stands it is nearly there, just needs tidying up - as an analogy think an old, rather worn, non-indexed derailleur system against a new indexed setup, it works but you do need to know where to nudge it!

I have also got to update the instructions so people other than myself or Kevin will be able to learn how to operate it.

I will try and get together a set of real results so you all can have a go at setting up races and processing the data, so everyone will know how it is done.
gNick

"I'm afraid it's definite, Mrs Banker - your son has bicycles"
tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 7:13pm
What a briilaint day, well the racing not the weather! Thanks to all involved in organisating.

Stuart   #12Smile
Laid Back in Spirit
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 7:18pm
Many thanks to Keith and Sherri (and everyone else who helped).
I've hosed the bike off but I'm still picking sand out of my teeth.
The Devil was a great laugh in the end!
Hope the weather is a bit better next week - 24 hour pedal car race...

bazz View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 10:01am

Ditto;

Keith and Sherri did a fantastic job, Thank you.  and the weather was perfect.
That was my first time on an oval track, and I thought I would hate it, turned out to be rather exhilarating, and the Devil was a Blast.
I slept like a baby last night.

Thank you Big smile

Here are a few pictures, non of the fast race sorry.

Take care,
Barry ;-) 

Edited by bazz - 19 June 2011 at 10:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic