BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

RACE ORGANISERS/HELPERS/FIRST AIDERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2013 at 3:52pm
Dog day dude!
fards View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2013 at 12:22pm
Put me down for 1st aid for Shrewsbury.

Details on times for that one yet?

Edited by fards - 14 April 2013 at 12:24pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2013 at 12:54pm
Good on yer! Nick Marshall is the organiser, with his glamorous assistant Barney... Big smile

Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 9:00am
Due to unforeseen circumstances Neil is unable to organise at Castle Coombe.

Is anybody else willing/able to take this on?
Traditionally Castle Coombe is a two hour race with everybody on the track together but that makes it difficult for the organiser to race...
Race format as always is the decision of the organiser, so if you want to organise and race then feel free to do something other than the two hour slot (bearing in mind that we only have the track from 1pm)

graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 11:22am
this is our longest widest track!!! ad calls for a real endurance event
and with it beeing our most expensive track need to get the max out of it!!!

so if I do it it be something like.....
set of short races at the same time of a max allowed time on the track long race!

there would be a handycap on the shorter faster races.

So putting my hand up to run it!!!
want to accomodate all needs, if you have any suggestion please PM me.
(or feel free to write here too )

exact format/settings tbd

cheers
g

Edited by graydog - 24 May 2013 at 11:45am
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 11:58am
Many thanks Graham...

Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 10:48pm
Right - Graham has very kindly offered to organise at Castle Coombe and intends to run a long race (3 - 4 hours).
Most people I've spoken to over the weekend aren't keen on a race longer than 2 hours...

We always allow the race organiser to decide the format so if Graham is organising then the race will certainly be longer than the usual 2 hours...

Firstly, is anybody else willing to organise at Castle Coombe?

Secondly, if the race is 3 hours+ how many of you would be willing to turn up and have a go (track hire is expensive so we need as many people there as possible).

Personally I certainly couldn't race Ratty for 3 hours... but I could do it on an upright bike I think... It would however turn it into a weekend event as I wouldn't be in any fit state to drive home afterwards...
Does anybody know of a decent local camp site??

GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 11:11pm
I liked the 15 minute race today - apart from the last second :-( - that's about the optimum length I think ;-)  3 hours would need a picnic stop.
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by GeoffBird GeoffBird wrote:

3 hours would need a picnic stop.

I like that idea... In fact I think picnic stops should feature in all BHPC races from now on... LOL

Wyndrake View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyndrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 3:44am
Picnic stop?? At my pace, I'd require an overnight stopBig smile
So, I'm opting to ride to Madrid instead. But, to cut down riding time to something doable, I'm starting from Brussels!Confused

Life is full of tough choices....

Alan B.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic