BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Race equipment needed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Race equipment needed!
    Posted: 11 January 2019 at 6:30pm
Hi All,
With the new season approaching we still need to replace much of the kit that was unfortunately stolen last year.

Andrew and Heather are organising the replacement of all the stuff to do with timing, i.e. antennas, connectors, cable reel and tent etc.

We also need a bell, a red flag and a chequered flag, a clock and at least 2 stopwatches.

Would anybody happen to have any of those items gathering dust, or be willing/able to source them in time for Curborough? (obviously the cost will be reimbursed by the club).

Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 6:37am
Any guidance on budget limits?
Ian, racing again No 6.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 6:45am
Good question!
Heather: Can we give an indication of budget please?

HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 1:33pm
Budget:

The quotes we submitted to the insurance company based on a quick look on the web were:

Bell - £18.99
Flags - £15.00
Clock - £3.00 (based on what we bought them for for the worlds)
Stop watches - Chris is dealing with this

Edited by HeatherF - 13 January 2019 at 2:00pm
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 2:36pm
Thanks Heather, I'll give it until the end of the month to see if anybody comes forward with anything they may have, if not I'll source the remaining equipment, those being; bell, flags and clock.

I can't remember the size of flags we had but I'm guessing 3'x2' are plenty big enough?
Ian, racing again No 6.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 4:29pm
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 7:36pm
I belive I have a spare stop watch of the type the club uses if it's wanted.

Roy
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 5:11pm
No offers of bell, book and candle (you have to be a certain age!) - actually obviously bell, flags and clock.

So if Ian can source them and let me know the costs that would be great. If anyone can fashion something on which to hang the clock that would be good.

Although,  when sorting out the timing system we have come across a scrap of cardboard with the word "BELL" written on it in large letters, which we could just wave at people and, before anyone says it, yes I know some people can't see out of their machines.

Heather

Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 5:44pm
ok I'll sort out the stuff, and a hanger thingy.

I must be young as I had google it, introduced in 8th Century eh, make no wonder I didn't know about it. Nor do I remember the film!
Ian, racing again No 6.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 1:33pm
We shall also be in need of a generator to power the timing system at a few tracks, including Curborough. If anyone has such a thing that they could bring to Curborough then please speak up.

At some powerless venues we can get a car close enough to the track to run the timing system from, although I don't know (and don't really want to test) how long it would last before the car battery was flat.

Another potential option is one of those power packs sold for charging phones and laptops, although it would need 24V and 15V DC outputs as well as the usual USB. It would be interesting to know how long say a 30000mAh pack would last, but not interesting enough to spend £150-200 of the Club's money to find out.

Edited by Andrew S - 03 February 2019 at 1:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic