Forum Description: Something to sell or give away? Advertise it here
URL: https://forum.bhpc.org.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=7094
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 8:07pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.02 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: FS:Davies D6 recumbent, fully faired - Great White
Posted By: RoyMacdonald
Subject: FS:Davies D6 recumbent, fully faired - Great White
Date Posted: 01 July 2020 at 10:39am
This is a new ad for the Great White as it is now. ie the same as the previous ad but with the Shimano Dura Ace components and the FSA chainset. "Nice transmission components - usable range, something like 30 - 140"

The changes I've made are to improve the chain line with a Terracycle idler and fit a new folding tiller from Mike Burrows as my legs were not long enough for me to get into the fairing with the one Howard was riding with. Also new front wheel by Ginkgo with Fratteli rim and DT Swiss ceramic hub. 

I still have the original front wheel which can be used as a spare once the rim has been sorted as it keeps puncturing the inner tube.

Photos in previous ad and on Strava in my profile.

Offers in the region of £500 please.
PM me if interested. 
All the best.
Roy

Replies:
Date Posted: 01 July 2020 at 10:16pm
NOW SOLD.
Thanks to everyone who showed an interest.
Just 3 more to goUnhappy
All the best.
Roy

Posted By: Andy G
Date Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:18pm
Hi Roy.

Could I register my interest in one of your Fujin SL2’s please, if and when you sell? No worries if not.

Cheers
Andy

-------------
These hills are steeper than they look.

Date Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:43pm
Scratch that last post. I’ve just checked the specs, and am ashamed to say that I am currently too heavy for the bike. I’ve become a lockdown lump :(

-------------

Date Posted: 03 July 2020 at 10:33am
Are you sure about your weight? Challenge list the weight limit on the Fujin 2 SL as 230 lb. 
All the best.
Roy

Date Posted: 03 July 2020 at 1:45pm
Alas, yes. Currently just over 112kgs in my birthday suit

-------------

Date Posted: 03 July 2020 at 3:07pm
16 lb over so not a SL but a standard Fujin is 270 lb so go for one of those or lose the 16 lb. I don't know what the engineering tolerance is on bikes but usually 50% on components.

All the best.
Roy 

Posted By: Ethan
Date Posted: 03 July 2020 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by RoyMacdonald RoyMacdonald wrote:

Are you sure about your weight? Challenge list the weight limit on the Fujin 2 SL as 230 lb. 
All the best.
Roy
Why, are you actually selling?

Posted By: Yanto
Date Posted: 04 July 2020 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Ethan Ethan wrote:

Originally posted by RoyMacdonald RoyMacdonald wrote:

All the best.
Roy
This is going to come across as curt bordering on rude, but why do you need to know?

The answer is actually in previous related posts, the clue is "This is a new ad for the Great White as it is now. ie the same as the previous ad" Wink

Date Posted: 04 July 2020 at 9:51am

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Ethan, If you read the previous D6 post through to the end you'll see I have to sell all my bikes as I had a major stroke 13 months ago and lost the ability to balance a bike. That is why I am selling all my bikes and keeping my trike as that is the only thing I can cycle on now with safety. Maybe I should add that I'm 76 now and can't keep falling off without risking breaking bones. Two are now sold, only the Fujins and Mercedes Sprinter Van remain
All the best.
Roy 

Date Posted: 04 July 2020 at 4:43pm
Hi Roy,

Really sorry to hear that.

As the post was titled "D6 For sale" I assumed that was what was for sale and (Yanto, punctuation is everything) that was why I was asking whether the Fujin was for sale.

I am vaguely in the market and a Fujin is on my short-list.  There's a bunch of caveats but please let me know how much you're asking for them (no, not both of them, but I gather it's an SL and an SLII).

Date Posted: 04 July 2020 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Ethan Ethan wrote:

Hi Roy,

Really sorry to hear that.

As the post was titled "D6 For sale" I assumed that was what was for sale and (Yanto, punctuation is everything) that was why I was asking whether the Fujin was for sale.

I am vaguely in the market and a Fujin is on my short-list.  There's a bunch of caveats but please let me know how much you're asking for them (no, not both of them, but I gather it's an SL and an SLII).
They are both SL 2's One is almost new having covered about 10 miles since I bought it new. It cost £4,637. and I'm looking for offers around £2,000. If you are on Strava there are more photos in hi res on my profile.
All the best.
Roy 

Date Posted: 04 July 2020 at 6:13pm
Sounds like a great deal for someone in the hunt for a nice new bike.  
I'm more in the market for a more used and cheaper machine.

Date Posted: 04 July 2020 at 6:52pm
Also, how terribly gutting - again, really sorry.

Posted By: n0ct0
Date Posted: 15 July 2020 at 10:22pm
Are the Fujins still for sale?

Date Posted: 16 July 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by n0ct0 n0ct0 wrote:

Are the Fujins still for sale?
One is. The black one.
All the best.
Roy

Date Posted: 16 July 2020 at 5:04pm
Roy,
I’m tall with a large x-seam. I had a Challenge Taifun and that was no problem to fit. Is there enough adjustment on the Fujin boom? Has it been cut down? My x-seam is 48” so I’m on the limit with most recumbents.

Thanks,
Andy

Date Posted: 17 July 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by n0ct0 n0ct0 wrote:

Roy,
I’m tall with a large x-seam. I had a Challenge Taifun and that was no problem to fit. Is there enough adjustment on the Fujin boom? Has it been cut down? My x-seam is 48” so I’m on the limit with most recumbents.

Thanks,
Andy

Hi Andy. The short answer is I don't know. I wasn't told it was cut down but my X seam is 40" so I'm guessing there can't be another 8" in there. I've just been out and measured it and there is only 9" to the steering tube so it's impossible to extend it 8". You could ask Elan if they do a longer boom. I would guess they do as the Dutch are the tallest race in the World.
All the best.
Roy
PS I just email'd Elan and asked them.

Date Posted: 17 July 2020 at 11:11am
Roy,
thanks for the info. I’ve messaged Elan on Facebook and also sent them an email, so let’s see what they come back with.
Thanks
Andy

Date Posted: 17 July 2020 at 12:03pm
Just rereading my message I should have been clearer what the 9" measurement was. From the edge of the frame tube (the bit of tube that the boom fits into) to the welded in tube for the headset. The frame tube is bent at that point as well, so the boom could only push in to a maximum of 8".
All the best.
Roy

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.02 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk