Print Page | Close Window

Not sure where to post this...

Printed From: BHPC Forum
Category: Archive (pre-February 2015)
Forum Name: Which Forum?
Forum Description: Not sure where to post your message?
URL: http://forum.bhpc.org.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=4280
Printed Date: 27 January 2020 at 12:19pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.02 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Not sure where to post this...
Posted By: GeoffBird
Subject: Not sure where to post this...
Date Posted: 22 April 2011 at 11:31pm
Some time ago I purchased a replacement freewheel for one of my bikes, the current one having decided to freewheel in both directions at an inconvenient moment.

This weekend I finally had the time to fit my new freewheel. Could I find it? Could I <rude word>?! Sooooo frustrating...

Is anyone else as disorganised as me?? Confused

-------------
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed

Replies:
Posted By: Yanto
Date Posted: 23 April 2011 at 7:37am
yes, come and have a look in my shed! once i'm in i find it difficult to get out again!

You know the freewheel will be in the "safe place" the one that "i know i will remember where it is 6months in the future", i have lots of places like that!

-------------
Ian, racing again No 6.

Posted By: homebrew
Date Posted: 23 April 2011 at 7:53am
LOLyou both are lucky i cant even get in my shed a the moment,i'm building three bike at once
jon

-------------
oke-ja x2
helium frog
and counting
club rep in North Devon

Posted By: graydog
Date Posted: 23 April 2011 at 9:30am
Hide and seek!

Seems now matter what system I put in place one ends up playing that same old game!
With new bit you know your not going to have thrown it, but those recycled part :( 'did I, did I not'
And then spend more time looking then it takes to go buy a new.

Hope you find it! ;-)

Posted By: Triceratops
Date Posted: 13 September 2014 at 2:32pm
Some years ago we acquired an original Raleigh Chopper as our young son had the idea to convert this to a laid back recumbent using most original parts but lowering the seat and fitting longer forks and adding an adjustable forward extension so the chainset was right at the front two wheel recumbent style.
This was very successful and he rode it for example in the York Cycle Rally procession. Later, he stripped it down in my workshop and removed all the paint ready to get it powder coated. As is the way with young people he lost interest and all the parts remain in my workshop. I have been thinking of taking it to the dump but thought it is too valuable for that and a Chopper or recumbent  enthusiast might want to obtain it and rebuild it. We live in North Oxfordshire.Further information available to anyone interested.

Date Posted: 18 September 2014 at 5:59pm
Hi Con, we're in North Oxfordshire too. I've seen to Trices in West Adderbury - was that you? Can't say I'm interested in buying the bike though ;-)

-------------

Posted By: blogwat
Date Posted: 18 September 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Yanto Yanto wrote:

yes, come and have a look in my shed! once i'm in i find it difficult to get out again!

You know the freewheel will be in the "safe place" the one that "i know i will remember where it is 6months in the future", i have lots of places like that!

You have a shed you lucky bas***d, I could only dream of having a shed I still pine for the smell of fresh stained wood around me while I work out in the freezing cold.   

-------------
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp

Posted By: Triceratops
Date Posted: 19 September 2014 at 1:42pm

Hi Geoff,

Yes, you might have seen us in West Adderbury but not recently. There are another couple of Trice trikes about two miles from us so it could well have been them. We live about eight miles south of Adderbury.

Sorry you are not interested in the Chopper conversion but understandable as it was intended for a thirteen year old . Actually I am not try to sell it, I am quite happy to give it to anyone who might like to rebuild it for another youngster. Perhaps I should give a bit more information about it. In appearance it is a short wheelbase overseat steering two wheeler a little like a Lightning P38 in proportion. There is a photo of it which any subscriber to the digital version of VeloVision magazine can see in issue 29, page 51.

My son Justin was about twelve years old at the time and rather liked the look of the chopper style motor cycles with apehanger bars and thought the Raleigh Chopper could be modified to create a fun recumbent bicycle in the same style. His idea involved cutting the original frame and extending it rearwards to allow the banana seat to be lowered, fitting longer forks and adding an adjustable boom to the headtube and of course  retaining the apehangers. The transmission consisted of a front chainwheel on the left taking the drive to the original bottom bracket which acted as a crossover to the Sturmey Archer 3 speed. Not light but functional.

As an engineer with workshop facilities it was a reasonable project for me to take on and we used a scrap Marin mountain bike frame’s tubes cut and brazed to the modified Chopper to achieve the desired result. As I say, if someone wants to play with it they can have it.

Posted By: simon
Date Posted: 01 October 2014 at 1:19pm
Jack is trying to bike frame parts .he can find them in belgum but they wont post to britain .does anyone know a way of getting them here
Simon

-------------
SIMON

Posted By: Andrew S
Date Posted: 01 October 2014 at 1:51pm
The Optima parts store http://www.recumbentparts.com" rel="nofollow - www.recumbentparts.com is pretty comprehensive for recumbent frame parts. Although not particularly cheap they do ship to the UK (at least they did when I last used them), and pretty quickly too.

Date Posted: 01 October 2014 at 2:03pm
Yes, I bought a wheel off them recently. Your credit card company may charge you a non-Sterling transaction fee. They are very reasonable, price-wise for some items - cheaper than in the UK.

-------------

Posted By: Andrew S
Date Posted: 01 October 2014 at 3:34pm
Another interesting site I found recently for carbon frame parts and wheels is Eocolobike ( http://www.eocolobike.com" rel="nofollow - www.eocolobike.com ) in China. They sell primarily in wholesale quantities to dealers and OEMs who stick on their own labels and sell as their own but they also sell single items from their website. I bought a wheel from them a few months ago.

However be prepared (a) for customs duties to be added if the item is >£20 and (b) a long wait as they ship overland. The tracking information keeps you entertained as your package makes its lengthy progress around the globe.

Posted By: simon
Date Posted: 05 October 2014 at 7:43pm
Thanks nice recumbent bits.Jack wants bits for a specific bmx frame
Simon

-------------
SIMON

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.02 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk