BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > About the Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

posting pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: posting pictures
    Posted: 29 October 2017 at 8:23am
Hi all

Eventually found the link to allow pictures to be posted only to be stumped by the interface ?

Nice that I can post either small pictures from my PC or larger pictures from a picture hosting site......

However there was no way I could see how to ' Post ' them ?

Seems my view of the post image pop up cuts off directly below the Preview box border , so unless I know to enlarge the box I cannot see the OK & Cancel buttons ?

I am currently using Linux Mint Maya and Firefox ?

maybe it is just ' me' ?

regards Paul
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 12:25pm
Click on the arrow called "Full Reply Editor', Make sure the cursor is at the end of your message and press return (twice) as it sometimes has an issue with inserting images at certain locations. There is a size limit of for uploaded pictures of 200 kb. Click on the picture icon, then 'Choose file'. Select a file from your hard drive (<200 kb) and click 'Open'. Then click on 'Upload' and the picture should appear in your message. Thus:

Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 12:40pm
Windows and IE here and it works fine...

Alternative (if you want to post higher resolution pictures) is to upload them to Flickr or similar and post a link here.

GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 1:33pm
Changing the image size on this forum is very clunky by modern standards - think the only way is to type numbers into boxes - very HTML.
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 2:03pm
Yes I have been able to post pictures in my Python spring thread....

However that was only AFTER I had discovered how to do it ?

Seeing this when I select the picture icon from the toolbar of this editor it is not obvious how to Post the picture ???

Where is the OK / Cancel button ?

GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 3:31pm
Dunno, I've got one :-S

Mine says 'Choose File' instead of 'Browse'.

Edited by GeoffBird - 29 October 2017 at 3:35pm
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 4:50pm
The ' Image Properties ' screen opens to small to display the OK Cancel buttons !

So if you don't know they are there it is impossible to post ANY pictures !

I have to enlarge the window to see the OK Cancel buttons.

Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic