BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Etc
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Website goes live!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.


Topic ClosedNew Website goes live!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
jes@gcre View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member


Joined: 22 March 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 556
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Website goes live!
    Posted: 17 February 2010 at 11:42am

The Shenington 24 hour race now has it's own website at www.shenington24.com.

This is where news, entry lists, information and photos of the race will be posted.

There will also (technology willing) be live timing and scoring during the event although this is currently untested so no promises!



Edited by jes@gcre - 17 February 2010 at 11:43am
Racing is life...
Anything which happens before or afterwards is just standing around waiting to race....
Back to Top
Paul Lowing View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)
Avatar

Joined: 23 March 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1245
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by jes@gcre jes@gcre wrote:

There will also (technology willing) be live timing and scoring during the event although this is currently untested so no promises!

 
Live timing?!  Sounds like marketing speak for a man (or woman - PC fans) with a stopwatch, clipboard and pencil...  Big smile
Back to Top
jes@gcre View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member


Joined: 22 March 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 556
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 2:23pm
There was a time when that was all we had.
He was called Adrian Toms and he sat for 6 hours on a freezing day at Darley Moor writing down every number of every car that came past him.
 
Services way above and beyond the call of duty - it was so cold he kept his motorcycle helmet on the whole time if I remember right!
 
These days things have moved on but we can't guarantee that lap scores will magically appear on the internet in real time as there are many factors outside our control to take into account such as wireless coverage at the race tracks for a start.
Racing is life...
Anything which happens before or afterwards is just standing around waiting to race....
Back to Top
Neil View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member


Joined: 07 March 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1090
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 2:27pm
Back to Top
jes@gcre View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member


Joined: 22 March 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 556
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 2:33pm
What a star!
 
It was cold enough racing, let along sitting there.


Edited by jes@gcre - 23 February 2010 at 2:33pm
Racing is life...
Anything which happens before or afterwards is just standing around waiting to race....
Back to Top
jes@gcre View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member


Joined: 22 March 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 556
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 2:47pm

Out of interest, what are you using in the BHPC at present?

I was wondering if it is compatible with ours should we ever have a joint event.
Racing is life...
Anything which happens before or afterwards is just standing around waiting to race....
Back to Top
Paul Lowing View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)
Avatar

Joined: 23 March 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1245
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 2:57pm
 
This is what we use.   Big smile 
 
 
Back to Top
GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 September 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 2236
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 6:44pm
To answer your question seriously Jes; our Technology Officer is currently developing a system so simple, it could revolutionise the way we think about sports timing (and I know I, for one, spend most of my waking hours thinking about it). It is codenamed Wolf.

In the meantime we have a system that runs on the most powerful computer known to science, but we are not just using one of these computers, we have the capacity to use anything up to twenty of them in a fully independent,  parallel-processing configuration.
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Back to Top
Neil View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member


Joined: 07 March 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1090
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by GeoffBird GeoffBird wrote:


In the meantime we have a system that runs on the most powerful computer known to science, but we are not just using one of these computers, we have the capacity to use anything up to twenty of them in a fully independent,  parallel-processing configuration.
But only if someone remembers to bring the pencils Wink
Back to Top
Paul Lowing View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)
Avatar

Joined: 23 March 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1245
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by GeoffBird GeoffBird wrote:

To answer your question seriously Jes; our Technology Officer is currently developing a system so simple, it could revolutionise the way we think about sports timing (and I know I, for one, spend most of my waking hours thinking about it). It is codenamed Wolf.

In the meantime we have a system that runs on the most powerful computer known to science, but we are not just using one of these computers, we have the capacity to use anything up to twenty of them in a fully independent,  parallel-processing configuration.


I hear it will be available in Kit form...   Wink
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.02
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.