BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Any Other Business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: 22 August 2017 at 9:02am
Hi,

I've just joined and thought it would be rude not to introduce myself.

I live in south Birmingham, near to Solihull, and have been an active cyclist for about twenty years. At one point I was doing about three hundred miles a week commuting and club runs. About ten years ago I dipped my toe into recumbents and had a Radius Perr Gynt, Pashley PDQ and a 700c / 20 M5 with OSS and a fibreglass seat. This was triggered by a medical issue, and once recovered I drifted slowly back to diamond frames.

However, I finally  gave up commuting last winter as the older I get, the more aware I become of my own mortality and I got really fed up at being knocked off at least once a year by myopic motorists. You only have to be unlucky once.

At 55 years old, I also suffer from Arthritis, Dupreytrens Syndrome and have a shoulder that I damaged 18 months ago on my motorcycle when yet another myopic motorist did a 'U' turn a forty feet in front of me. All this means that riding normal bikes has become increasingly uncomfortable over the years, and so I have now re-joined the recumbent fold by buying a nearly new Sun EZ Sport CX.

This is going to be used for leisure only, and probably relatively short runs until I retire, when I will hopefully have the time to get properly fit again.

Pete.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 9:10am
Welcome Pete!
Check our events page on the main site. We're in your neck of the woods (Stourport) on the 1st October so come along and say hello! 

Edited by AlanGoodman - 22 August 2017 at 11:22am

CrazyFrog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 3:44pm
Great, thanks for the welcome.

I'll bear it in mind about Stourport, and try to make it over....
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 5:41pm
Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic