BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

More a miracle than an event

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More a miracle than an event
    Posted: 22 September 2013 at 9:04am
I was on my hols last week down in wet and windy Cornwall. 

One afternoon we were walking the dogs along a dirt track that runs a few yards from where we were staying and along comes this 2CV pickup truck*, says I " perfect vehicle for this bloody track", 2CV rattles past and behold - a Tigwell at the wheel! turns out he lives but 400m from where we were stopping.

So he hasn't died of Cornish Pasty over indulgence!

Long story short, had brief chat, Dave was looking and sounding fine, he's just given up an bent racing due to difficulties of transportation etc.

* I didn't know there was a pick-up version, maybe it's a Tigwell adaptation Wink

If you read this Dave, apologies for not dropping in for offer of a cuppa, we were always too early in the morning to drop by or rushing to get back after a day out and get ready to go out for dinner.
Andhar View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2013 at 12:41pm
He is  an interesting chap. I always admired him for using public transport to get to events. And he built some nice bikes too.
Andrew Harrington
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic