BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Any Other Business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Mike Burrows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mike Burrows
    Posted: 26 July 2022 at 6:53pm
I'm sorry to say, one of our founders and innovators, Mike Burrows, is approaching the end of the road. He said it was OK to let you all know, and to say he's quite calm and comfortable. He's been under treatment for lung cancer for a while now. He has some respiratory problems at present and is using oxygen. Not burnt the place down yet.
He'd be happy to see people and to chat. A hospice is a possible. I'll update if I have any more information.

Jonathan Woolrich

Edited by JDub - 26 July 2022 at 6:58pm
jdub... Got the T-shirt
http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/Protobikes/library
http://protobikes.org.uk/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150386999@N02/

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 7:06pm
Very sad news of someone who I’m sure has had an influence on most of us!
I spoke to Mike earlier today and he was in remarkably good spirits.

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2022 at 5:44pm
Well, that is terrible news Cry
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2022 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by JDub JDub wrote:

I'm sorry to say, one of our founders and innovators, Mike Burrows, is approaching the end of the road. He said it was OK to let you all know, and to say he's quite calm and comfortable. He's been under treatment for lung cancer for a while now. He has some respiratory problems at present and is using oxygen. Not burnt the place down yet.
He'd be happy to see people and to chat. A hospice is a possible. I'll update if I have any more information.

Jonathan Woolrich

Thanks for the update Jonathan. Puts my problems in perspective. I'll try and get over to see him soon.Cry

All the best.
Roy

Yowie View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 7:16am
My word.  Please do pass on my best regards when you meet.  
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 8:02am
Please note that Mike is no longer well enough to receive visits or phone calls.

farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 8:13am
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2022 at 8:28am
Cry< id="BFI_" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; display: none;">

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 29 July 2022 at 8:28am
XAPBob View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XAPBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2022 at 2:14pm
He will be much missed.
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2022 at 5:01pm
Very sad to hear.

Top bloke.

Paul

Edited by stormbird - 02 August 2022 at 5:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic