BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Mike burrows Vlr and fujin sl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

I have a similar earlier one which I can ride fine with my little legs - Bruvver Dave struggles though.
The seat on mine moves backwards/forwards and is secured to the main frame tube with a couple of large hose clips... The issue though is that if short folks put the seat far enough forward they have to ride with one goolie either side of the steerer... A practice not recommended.

That was how I had to ride the Wasp, not because of the size, but because I wasn't heavy enough to get traction. I used to get wheelspin and fall off, as I lived on a hill and it needed a good push to get it going. The trainer at Herne Hill Velodrome said that if a sprinter on a track bike had that issue the solution was to move his weight back over the driven wheel so I moved my weight forward as the Wasp was front wheel drive.

All the best 
Roy  
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 10:08pm
Thumbs Up

hotta View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 6:48pm
Vlr and fujin are now both sold , thanks for all the interest,
never stop it hurts less in the end
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 8:19pm
Who’s gonna be racing the vlr next season?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic