BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Metabike 700 for sale.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackpanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metabike 700 for sale.
    Posted: 13 October 2018 at 5:02pm
So, the Metabike has sat unridden since I acquired the Catrike 700. The reasons? Well, I commute 25 miles per day, and the Catrike is much better for carrying my work gear. Also, I bought the Metabike mainly for ride outs with mates, but.....it’s too fast! I found myself just not enjoying playing the waiting game or just not having to put the effort in that makes a ride out enjoyable. The Catrike keeps up nicely though, so it gets used all the time.

The Metabike comes with a choice of the 700 wheels fitted (durano front, durano plus rear), or I can fit the 26inch wheels if you’re after comfort over outright speed, plus it would bring the seat a bit lower to the ground, (these have Marathon racers front and rear). It comes with SRAM X-0 front and rear shifters, and X9 rear mech.

The Ventisit seat fitted is almost brand new, as I’ve only ridden on it for about 5 miles on todays test ride. I bought it as the rubbery seat that came with it made for an uncomfortable (and sweaty back) ride.

Overall condition is ‘average’ for the frame, as it’s been stored in a crowded garage, and has a fair few minor scratches, all from storage, it’s never been dropped or had on ‘off’.

I’ve owned a fair few ‘bents, and this is the best at climbing by a fair way. It’s also quick on the flats, probably a tad quicker than my old Bacchetta Strada.

So, if there are any speed demons out there, send me a pm. Can’t seem to get any pics on here, but I can email more. Or here’s a link with loads of pics. https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/metabike-700-for-sale.241336/

I’m looking for around £1100, but open to offers.

Cheers, Carl.
Blackpanther View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackpanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2018 at 5:39pm
Price drop, will take £1,000 for a quick sale, need the space, need the cash for a new machine!

Cheers, Carl.
james1945 View Drop Down
Visitor (occasional)
Visitor (occasional)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 6:08pm
Hi Carl, interested but not sure because although I like the performance, I have very limited experience of 2 wheeled recumbents and reviews I have read are inconclusive. One says it’s steady certainly at speed the other said very twitchy. How do you find it.
rik williams View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rik williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 9:26pm
I use mine as a commuter in London. Find it stable at all speeds, including filtering at low speed through dense traffic. IMHO: recumbent bikes are far more fun to ride than trikes — embrace the carve! Rik
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackpanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 5:43am
The twitchiness fades with experience. How long that takes varies from person to person. My Brother picked it up in 15 minutes, my mate.......he gave up after half an hour. As a starter machine, a high racer is easier to learn on, and I felt fully confident in traffic after the first commute. The Raptobike lowracer I owned took a couple of weeks before I was fully confident as it was a lot harder to balance at low speeds. You’re welcome to come and have a go if you’re unsure, James.

Cheers, Carl.

Edited by Blackpanther - 21 November 2018 at 5:47am
james1945 View Drop Down
Visitor (occasional)
Visitor (occasional)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 1:36pm
Hi Carl, Thanks for your response and that from Rik, which suggests that my concerns were perhaps unfounded. I note that you live in Doncaster, which if so makes a test ride a reasonable proposition as I live near Beverley. I will get back to you.
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackpanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2018 at 6:15am
OK. Carl.
New Triker View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New Triker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2018 at 2:26pm
Is this bike still for sale?
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackpanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2018 at 1:41pm
Yes it is! Cheers, Carl.
New Triker View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New Triker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2018 at 5:21pm
Cool, I’m looking for a 700c bent.
Is the bike being sold as shown on the other forum?:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/metabike-700-for-sale.241336/
Are there any cracks on the frame?
What type of wheels are the 700c?
How would we sort payment?
Cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic