BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Audaxes and sportives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

London-Edinburgh-London

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 9:19pm
oh, how dare you!

he's still faster than thee and me put together!

I'm receiving words that A10 north of Ware is ok, and best road for velo's from a velo rider in Ware no less!

graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 9:37pm
to ture ....

If the A10 is a goer on a sunday morn.
what you think of A10 to Roystone along the Old N Rd (a1198) and right abit by papworth to St Ives
perhaps?
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 9:52pm
not sure, I plan to start looking properly at routes next week, i'm currently more concerned with getting a route sorted for a 300k I'm doing on Saturday. Legs still a bit sore after the 600k last weekend!

At least with all the audaxes i'm doing i'm getting experience with the GPS, and getting consistent battery usage rates so I know how many batteries I need and in which drop bag.
richforrest View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by graydog graydog wrote:

to ture ....

If the A10 is a goer on a sunday morn.
what you think of A10 to Roystone along the Old N Rd (a1198) and right abit by papworth to St Ives
perhaps?

The Road from Royston to Huntingdon is ok, long straight and wide. It continuously goes up and down which is fine in a velo as you will get the momentum to take you up the hills. Can be a bit of a busy road it there's problems on the M11/A14.
The old A1 runs parallel to the A1M up to Peterborough from Huntingdon also. Not looked at the route though so not sure if this is viable for LEL.
I used both on a night time DIY 200 a couple of years ago.

Rich
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic