BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Audaxes and sportives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

London - Edinburgh - London 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London - Edinburgh - London 2017
    Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:00pm
LEL 2017 starts on 30th July and goes through my area. I propose a BHPC gathering to offer encouragement to the riders / drink beer on Barrington Green opposite the Royal Oak pub. At this point the participants will be 66 miles into their ride. The first riders will be after 9am and the rest will go on to 7pm. Postcode for the Royal Oak is CB22 7RZ.
0.1Fork L(FOWLMERE)B136858.2
3.4FOWLMERE, Fork L @ war memorial(SHEPRETH)Long Lane61.6
2.7SO @ X [A10] !CAUTION! BUSY ROAD(SHEPRETH)Fowlmere Rd64.3
 SHEPRETH, BARRINGTON, SO   
6.2HASLINGFIELD, L @ T(Barton, Cambridge)Church Street70.5
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:14pm
Thumbs Up
Number 47
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:05pm
Brian

Nice one.
I've opted for a 3:45pm start, so I'll stop for a cheeky beer en-route (and could even pick up a bag of crisps to feed Lee Wakefield who will be a volunteer mechanic at the Louth control)Wink.

atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:02am
What flavour crisps do you like?
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:57am
I'm on duty at the start before hightailing it to Barnard Castle for the duration.  I will be the one with the thousand-yard stare every bit as good as most of the riders' LOL

Edited by legs_larry - 24 May 2017 at 8:33am
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by atlas_shrugged atlas_shrugged wrote:

What flavour crisps do you like?

If I have to hulk them all the way to Louth, it has to be quavers....they're not that flavoursome, but lightweight enough to be the crisp equivalent of carbon fibre
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 2:18pm
A packet of Pringles will be picked up from Barrington at around 18:30 on Sunday and delivered by Raptobike to Lee at Louth Monday sometime between 04:00 and 09:00am.

The question is would public transport be able to get this delivered more quickly?

Edited by atlas_shrugged - 28 July 2017 at 2:19pm
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2017 at 9:31am
Couple of shots of Chris for ya !
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic