BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Lightweight Sports Video Camera

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lightweight Sports Video Camera
    Posted: 11 August 2014 at 12:14pm
Either has anybody got one for sale or know of a supplier / one they would recommend.

Thanks

Barney
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2014 at 1:27pm
I ended up with a Contour ROAM after a fair bit of research, but there's no screen on it so you can't review what you've taken - I got mine for £90 s/h off ebay. In all honesty it's not that light - about the size and weight of a pritt stick filled with pound coins. I'd say go with this, or go for the much more expensive GoPro if you want to review the footage on the go. I tried a couple of the very cheap Muvi type cameras but the quality of movie is very poor - I've got one of these you're more than welcome to if you want.
Russ

Edited by russellbridge - 11 August 2014 at 1:27pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2014 at 11:15pm
The video clips I've put on Youtube were taken with a Polaroid XS-100... https://www.youtube.com/user/AlanGoodman47

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polaroid-Extreme-Edition-Waterproof-Sports/dp/B00A81SXHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407795079&sr=8-1&keywords=polaroid+xs100

It's ok but recording time is limited by the maximum file size... About 30 minutes or so and then you have to switch it off and on again...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic