BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Topic ClosedLancaster / Preston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lancaster / Preston
    Posted: 06 July 2009 at 2:14pm
We have volunteer Organisators for these events.  Also we have a meeter/greeter (Barney) for Lancaster; anyone want to take on that job at Preston?

If my notes are correct, nobody's yet volunteered to write a report on either event for the Magazine.  Is anybody willing to volunteer to emulate Andy Forey's and Dave Tigwell's fine efforts in the current issue?

Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer - Increasingly little of a Burrows Ratracer VLR
jes@gcre View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 5:46pm
Shame it clashes with New Milton (no blame attached to anyone - New Milton is not a BFPCR run event) becasue I would love to run the cars we have now round Preston again.

I still lament the fact that the BPCC no longer races there.

Edited by jes@gcre - 06 July 2009 at 5:46pm
Racing is life...
Anything which happens before or afterwards is just standing around waiting to race....
SherriD View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 8:58pm
Daft question but who races with Number 24? I'm coming to Lancaster and it was my lucky number... Wink
SherriD
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by SherriD SherriD wrote:

Daft question but who races with Number 24?
Someone called David Sandels, according to Thee Records. I can't immediately see when he last raced but if it wasn't last season or this season then you can have it.
KevinJ View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 7:04am
David Sandels raced this year in Castle Combe.
Kevin Jenkins

Windcheetah
Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 1:10pm
Proposed race programme below.  Exact details and timings will be dependent on turnout, weather, etc.  Exceptions to the registration cut-off time may be made by prior arrangement (PM me by Friday lunchtime or call on 07800 697051).  Other late registrations may be accepted on the day, at the Organisators' discretion. 

Organisatorial team for the weekend is: Geoff Bird, Keith Davis, Claire King, Adrian Setter.  We shall also be on the lookout for volunteer marshals and a Judge for the Devil. 

Saturday (Lancaster)
  • 11.00 Registration closes.  If planning to ride on Sunday you can sign on and pay for both days. 
  • From 11.00.  Races: 45 mins +2 laps.  Faster heats first.  80% of points.
  • 15.00 (approx).  Devil takes the hindmost.  Everyone starts together and does one complete lap.  After that, the slowest rider is eliminated on each half lap When only 3 riders remain, they get the bell and contest the top 3 places in a sprint on the next half lap.  If you catch the slowest rider, you must not lap him or her: if you do, you as well as the slowest rider will be eliminated at the next half lap, with the slowest rider being placed above you in the results.  Riders at the back of the field must keep riding steadily and at a reasonable pace until eliminated: riding very slowly or making sudden decelerations to make faster riders lap you are not allowed and you may be disqualified!  Riders dropping out when not eliminated make the judges' BRANES hurt, so will be placed last.  20% of points.
Sunday (Preston).
  • 11.00 Registration closes.  You must report for registration (e.g. to confirm your race classes) even if you signed on/paid on Saturday.
  • From 11.00.  3-lap (approx 4km) individual time-trial (implementing lessons-learnt from Fowlmead Wink).  20% of points
  • From 13.00 (approx) Races: 50 mins +1 lap.  Slower heats first. 80% of points
Red text = clarifications added 7/9/2009 17:47ish

Edited by Adrian Setter - 09 July 2009 at 5:45pm
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer - Increasingly little of a Burrows Ratracer VLR
banjokat View Drop Down
Visitor (occasional)
Visitor (occasional)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 1:45pm
Looking forward to Preston. Due to knee problems I will be pretty much one legged and very   s  l  o  w.  This is my EXCUSE TM
Trice QNT
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 2:06pm
Please, no devil points race, they have been tried in the past and don't work very well.
How about a 1 lap flying start sprint or a 50m drag race?

If we do the devil, I may just ride at a steady 3mph with the landing gear down....

Edited by LeeW - 09 July 2009 at 2:09pm
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by LeeW LeeW wrote:

Please, no devil points race, they have been tried in the past and don't work very well.

Though I wasn't there, I'm aware that certain Junior riders at the Curborough meeting, a couple of years ago, invented a trick to make the faster riders lap them.  That's why it's stipulated that back markers must keep going at a steady pace and not deliberately try to get lapped.
jes@gcre View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 2:52pm
We tried this at a pedal car race once.

What if the slowest rider falls off?
Or pretends to fall off?
Or gets a puncture?
Or really is very slow so that the whole rest of the field end up prowling round after him or her for an entire lap at 3mph?
Racing is life...
Anything which happens before or afterwards is just standing around waiting to race....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic