BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Kingcycle with tailbox and nose fairing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingcycle with tailbox and nose fairing
    Posted: 25 February 2019 at 6:16pm
Excellent racing Kingcycle, this bike has been well maintained and looked after by many members of the club and would be an excellent racing machine.

Details:-
Frame medium 
Unique red fading to yellow paint job
Original KC seat and tailbox (with original key)
Ultra lightweight racing  front fairing - I believe based on a Davies streamliner nose, this fairing very easily attaches / detaches as required.
Magura hydraulic brakes
Front fork includes an elastomer / parallelogram suspension mechanism allowing for minimal front damping of rough surfaces.
Big racing chainrings 57, 51, 38 set up to a 7 speed rear cluster with Shimano Deore mech.
Wheels and frame have been set up to be more standard sizes than original so its on a 559/26" rear (standard wheel)  and 369/17" front (Shimano 105 hub laced radially) this means a much better choice of much better tyres are available than if original KC wheels were still fitted. 

Available to collect / inspect in Huddersfield or could be at Curborough this weekend.

PM me if interested or wanting more photo's - its not going on E-bay but will be appearing on Facebook.

£800.00 ono.

Barney

Trick Cyclist View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trick Cyclist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2019 at 10:31pm
What range of inside leg will it cover? or height?

Geoff
BarneyH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2019 at 10:38pm
Not sure, probably upto about 32" inside leg - I'll have a play with adjusting seat tomorrow night and sitting on it to measure.

Barney
BarneyH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2019 at 6:42pm
Just done a quick check I think it would do about 28" (maybe less)  to 32" inside leg - I can pedal it but wouldn't want to race on it as I have 34" inside leg.
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2019 at 7:05pm
If I remember correctly the medium fits 31" leg minimum length, below that it's a small frame. I have a 31" inside leg, 40" X seam and was told that I could ride a small or medium.I was advised to get a medium as it would be easier to sell! I've had it over 25 years now. However a short leg like mine on a medium frame means my knees come very close to the handlebars. So I would say the only way is to try it out unless you are way out of the leg range.

Roy
BarneyH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2019 at 7:42pm
NOW SOLD!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic