BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Kingcycle Fairing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy Gandalph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingcycle Fairing
    Posted: 22 January 2018 at 1:56pm
Hi, I could do with some help/assistance. I am looking for screws nut and bolts to fit front fairing to a Kingscycle. If anyone has got some buckshee or is willing to inform myself of an alternative. that would be great! Thumbs Up
MB
D.TEK View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.TEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 9:02pm
Is your fairing a proper Kingcycle version with a small moulded undertray 
It will have a rebated edge and thin foam protector with a single light up front .
It attaches to the front boom using the two brazed fixing points .
Then connected with threaded studs nyloc nuts  and spacer bobbins and floating washers 
Which allows slight adjustment for tilting in relation to the handle bars .
The next element  is a tube frame with three mounting points to bonded nuts in the shell .
With the frame removed you can get ITV and BBC but not channel 4 racing using the frame whilst camping at the Worlds and Euro and UK races ! LOL
(* just popped that in to see if anyone reads the forum )
Gosh that sounds so simple ........Wink

Oh I have new parts to help by the way 

A few copies knock around from NorMould ....which are bare*(faced) copies and made from Norfolk Broads Boat laminate and weigh a ton .
In fact best described as Mr Blobby jelly moulds .

You can fit HP Velo Wavy Streamer lexan fairings ...the mounts are designed for single large frame tubes
Zipper USA clear lexan ....very rare in the UK 
and
Muller USA clear or tinted ( not made from Yoghurt pots ) now owned by Terracycle .
also have aftermarket mounting kits albeit at a price .

I  source and often stock used examples of HP +Zipper+TC Muller and odds and sods mounting kits .

Pop a picture up to allow forum members to ID your fairing 

Hope that helps Kevin D 

D.TEK HPVS purveyors of recumbent trikes and cycles
Grumpy Gandalph View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy Gandalph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 11:29pm
Kevin, does the frame pick up digital TV? as i'm a motors TV fan!

It's an original Kingcycle and fairings I'm just missing the front bolts to mount the front fairing (so I can watch TV!) I don't think the rear fixings are original as the box is secure but appears no to be straight. If you have some that's great!

Cheers.

Martin.
MB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic