BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Kingcycle 26/20 (Medium size)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingcycle 26/20 (Medium size)
    Posted: 08 June 2017 at 10:54am
My Kingcycle is for sale - reluctantly, but my eyesight now makes it difficult for me to ride and I want it to be used by somebody else. It has a Medium size frame - my saddle height on an upright is 74cm, if that helps.

Its fork has been updated so that it uses a 20" (406) front wheel with a disc brake. I never got round to painting the fork yellow, so it's still in undercoat...
The rest of its equipment has been modernised as follows:

stem                  Specialized MTB-3 with Nitto shim
pedals                Crank Brothers Candy 1 (better than SPDs on recumbents)
chainset             Stronglight Impact 110/74 triple, 170mm, 46/38/24T
b/bracket           Shimano UN54 68/113
chainring guard  HP Velotechnik
cassette             SRAM PG850 11-28 8-speed
chain                 KMC X8-99 silver 8-speed
gear levers        8-speed bar-end on SJSC mounts (the KC idler runs more quietly with 8-speed chain)
front derailleur  Deore XT triple
rear derailleur   Deore M592 Shadow
wheels    front   DT disc hub, 32H Velocity Aeroheat rim, Kojak tyre
              rear    105 5700 hub, Ritchey WCS Girder XC OCR rim, Continental Grand Prix tyre
front brake       Avid BB7 road cable disc
rear brake        Tektro R725R
brake levers     Shimano R550
plus B&M mirror and ex-Spinaci handlebar mount for GPS, HRM or whatever

It comes complete with tailbox and front fairing (one small crack, neatly repaired - see photos) and a smart red bag fairing for racing, made by Anne Coulson - worth at least 2mph! It won several BHPC races and was taken to European and World championships.

Those who know me will know that this machine has been well maintained - Ian Fardoe once asked whether I licked it clean... It comes with a spare headset (not that you will need it any time soon), a bag of idler O-rings, a strut for fitting a rear carrier and documentation.

Photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/46750244@N08/34329018494/in/album-72157681773930394/

Price: £750

Any questions, please just ask. It can be seen and test ridden at the Shrewsbury meeting on July 2nd.
MartinQS View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinQS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 6:00pm
Where abouts is the bike
NickM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 8:11pm
Hallo Martin...

The Kingcycle lives in our warm, dry bike shed in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.

Nick
MartinQS View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinQS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 5:18pm
Blimey a recumbent only about an hour n half away lol nice machine so has kingcycle front fairing as well 
seem there`s a lot of kingcycles for sale .
nearly bought one some months back but it was a tight frame for me and had those awkward would frame accommodate 5¬11?
NickM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 9:41pm
I'm 5ft 8.5", with fairly long legs. 5ft 11" looks rather doubtful unless you have short legs. I have the seat as far back as it will go, and it is just right for me.

My saddle height on an upright of 74cm is measured from centre of bottom bracket to top of saddle.

Nick

correction: 74cm, not 174cm!

Edited by NickM - 11 June 2017 at 7:12am
MartinQS View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinQS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 10:31pm
Ok cheers Nick
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
Visitor (occasional)
Visitor (occasional)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 8:37pm
I used to be 5' 8" with 31 @ 1/2" leg and was advised I could ride a small or medium. So I'd concur that not too much over 5' 8" would be the max. A big rider on a too small Kingcycle will find that their knees hit the handle bars.
All the best.
Roy 
Gary View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 8:53pm
Hi, I'm interested and not too far away in Stourbridge, but after reading other replies it seems that at 6ft I'm probably too big for it.
I'm about 32 leg is it worth me trying it out
Thanks Gary
NickM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 11:14pm
Hallo Gary...

My legs are longish for my height, but not as long as yours. I already have the seat all the way back, so I'm afraid it's not very likely that my Kingcycle is the right size for you.

Nick

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
Visitor (occasional)
Visitor (occasional)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by RoyMacdonald RoyMacdonald wrote:

I used to be 5' 8" with 31 @ 1/2" leg and was advised I could ride a small or medium. So I'd concur that not too much over 5' 8" would be the max. A big rider on a too small Kingcycle will find that their knees hit the handle bars.
All the best.
Roy 

I should have added that a small rider on a larger Kingcycle is more likely to find their knees hitting the bars because of the necessity of moving the seat further forward closer to the steering post. You really want one that fits your leg length.

Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic