BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

ICE B1 for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hpvrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ICE B1 for sale
    Posted: 11 May 2017 at 9:32am

ICE B1 Folding Recumbent bike

For sale, a rare opportunity to purchase my (2008) ICE B1 folding recumbent bike. Only about 100 were made.
This bike was bought by me in April 2014 from the original owner who had done less than 50 miles on it (in six years!).

It is in excellent condition as it has only been ridden in the dry.   Asking price £1100  

The Bike can be viewed at my Dads house in Retford, Nottinghamshire from 1st June 2017.

The specification is as follows:

4130 cromo main frame with 7005 series aluminium rear swing arm and boom. Seat angle and boom length are easily adjusted so the bike will fit a wide range of riders - it is currently set up for a 5' 10" rider.

The shifters and derailleurs are all SRAM X9 and the brakes are Avid BB7 mechanical disks. The rear cassette is ICE's own version of a Capreo hub with a 9-32 range.

The stem folds to allow easy entry/exit to the seat.

This is a fantastic little short wheelbase recumbent and climbs really well. The rear suspension provides a comfortable ride (this is easily adjusted by changing the elastomer - it is fitted with the red "medium" one at the moment).

The reason for the sale is that I want to buy a long-stride Elliptigo bike for a different experience in cycling and keeping fit, which is like running with no impact.  

The B1 would make an excellent commuter/tourer/audax bike and is an ideal first recumbent as the hamster style bars make slow speed control easy.

The big advantage of this machine is that it will fit in a small hatchback with wheel removal and folding (the rear swing arm folds under; total process takes about 2 minutes) without the need for tools so transporting it is easy.

Although the B1 is no longer in production ICE's customer service, has now been passed on to Kevin at D Tek, in Thetford who can now supply most parts for this bike.  

Please feel free to contact me with any questions - note the bike is advertised elsewhere so may be withdrawn from sale at any time.

I am including the special ICE pannier bags that rest on each side of the seat, these originally cost about £130.

uploads/1105/complete_bike_1.jpg   uploads/1105/complete_bike_2.jpg

uploads/1105/rear_wheel_&_.jpg   http://forum.bhpc.org.uk/uploads/1105/chainring_etc.jpg

uploads/1105/handlebars.jpg  uploads/1105/top_.jpg

I have many more photos which I can email on request.
Please get in touch with me on here or call 01302 639 399 for a chat.

Reason for sale is I want to buy an Elliptigo.

Cheers
Nigel Bradder

Edited by hpvrider - 24 May 2017 at 5:57pm
hpvrider View Drop Down
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hpvrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 11:54pm
Now Sold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic