BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Any Other Business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Hour record attempt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hour record attempt
    Posted: 25 June 2016 at 9:39pm
Hour record attempt from Mattias Konig who already holds the 6 hour record.

My German is probably not up to all the details but there is a very nice photo:
http://www.velomobilforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/stundenrekordversuch.45656/#post-743796
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 7:11pm
Apparently he broke the hour record but the windspeed was too high. He's going for another attempt tomorrow at 10.00am.
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2016 at 7:15pm
Looks like the new Hour speed is 56.2 km/h (subject to official confirmation). Congratulations Mathias Konig.
My first evaluation found that I am about 56.2 km / h driven. Accurate evaluations will follow. Maybe I also miscalculated =).

A huge thanks go to Hans van Vugt and Jörg Basler, who allows me today to launch in Büttgen the first attempt. Also a big thank you to Guido Mertens who made the wheel on Saturday in a unique manner to a real racer and of course to the builders Bram Moens. Thank you also for the record supporters who pressed the PayPal buttom for me. For more information about record run I will publish on Droplimits.com.
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2016 at 7:53pm
Francesco Ruso has also been busy in a streamliner:
The Observer have 92.439 km calculated. Now we have to see what the record says Committee to
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic