BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Hase Lepus Recumbent Trike

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradageek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hase Lepus Recumbent Trike
    Posted: 12 May 2022 at 1:01pm
For sale - Hase Lepus Recumbent Trike

Circa 2002-ish, it was bought for my son but the Oke-Ja I previously found him has proven so multi-functional that he has no need for an additional vehicle. 

I have fettled the trike (details below) and given it several 'shake-down' rides. In comparison to the Kettwiesel I own, it has a higher seat and is much more comfortable, courtesy of the rear suspension. It also stops on a sixpence by virtue of the additional (hydraulic) front brake and folds in seconds to make a compact, car size package. Like the Kett, it stores upright needing minimal garage space. On the other hand it is a little heavier and slower than the Kett (weight of the suspension and possibly some inefficiency in the two stage drive system). It also handles a little more lazily (less rear wheel camber angle, higher seat and longer wheel base). 

It is a lovely vehicle but surplus to my requirements so I'm happy to pass it on, in pretty much A1 condition, for the same bargain price for which I bought it. I'm hoping to find someone who will really appreciate all this trike has to offer at the absolute bargain price of £350

Collection only, I'm afraid - boxing it up would be a bit of a challenge! - from Northampton

Spec and photos below

- 3x9 gearing (unique twin derailleur system) twist grip changers
- Single rear wheel drive, 20" ERTO 406 wheels all round
- Magura hydraulic discs at the rear and caliper at the front
- AXA Bottle dynamo B&M lights (with standlight function)
- Full adjustable seat height and angle
- Elastomer rear suspension
- Steel frame, Adjustable boom

Owners manual at this link https://hasebikes.com/media/lepus03_englisch_1.pdf

I have removed the rear basket (because it fouls/stresses the brake hydraulics and is not much use as things easily fall out) and re-positioned the lights. I still have the basket but find that hanging a standard bicycle pannier from the rear seat straps works much better.

I have replaced the broken mudguards and bled and serviced the brakes.

The transmission is nearly new showing negligible chain wear.

I have set the tracking for the current seat height. If you want the seat higher, the tracking may need some small adjustment. Changing the seat angle does not affect the tracking.

The jockey wheels (which allow the boom length to be changed without changing the chain length) are missing. However, providing you have an inside leg length less than 34", making the boom shorter will, at worst, involve removing a few chain links. If your leg length is 32-34" no change will be necessary. I'm guessing that the jockey wheels have been removed (as Hase trike owners often do if the bike is only ever going to be used by one owner) because they just add chain drag

stradageek View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradageek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 3:06pm
Provisionally sold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic