BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

great Notts Cycle Ride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: great Notts Cycle Ride
    Posted: 19 June 2011 at 2:03pm
I was up at 5am for an early start to do the 72 mile sportif (actually 76miles) this morning, was stonking on for first 10 miles then crossing railway lines there was a severe thumping, thought it was a puncture, but no, it was an egg! a big egg on the tread part of the tyre.  Luckily i was carrying spare tyres, unluckily i'd picked two 559's not a 599 and 406!!  So i reduced the pressure so it looked like i was about to cross a swamp and limped the next 75 miles.  Cornering was interesting to say the least!

Average was a lame 19.5mph, but still trounced loads of roadies especially into the head wind!

Didn't see John Lucian unfortuanetly, he was doing the 56 miler!
Ian, racing again No 6.
johnlucian View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 7:49pm
I did my "Great Notinghamshire bike ride", but started only at 9AM. I was racing yesterday, so I wanted more rest. And with your speeds no chance to see you as probably you started after 7AM.
However I finished my race with an average of 15.4 miles/hours and I have trashed some proper roadies on the downhills. They usually catch me uphil and they were not very happy about me overtaking them every proper downhill. But they pay attention and asked me a lot of questions; how fast I am going, etc.
During the race I overtake about 6 recumbents, so i was not the only one.
Overall a good experience with a lot of positive comments. i.e why I cant have a bike like that?

John Lucian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic