BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2021 Round 1: Hillingdon, Sunday 16th May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:23pm
See below

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 20 May 2021 at 12:25pm
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Kim Kim wrote:

Ah yes.  And you would have had shiny new tags, too.

They definitely don't work when attached directly to metal or carbon fibre (we do mention this on the how-to-race page), and you'll need at least 5mm, preferably more like 10mm, of dielectric material between the tag and the body work.

We keep a supply of ~5mm thick self-adhesive foam with the timing kit that works for this (just ask for some), but feel free to do something a bit more elegant.

Or an ABS panel works a treat. That's what I have on my After 7. I replaced the carbon fibre access covers for the front wheels with ABS ones. Mounted the tags on those. Gutted I was unable to demonstrate them at Hillingdon.

All the best.
Roy
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 12:40am
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Just noticed I don't appear in Sports or Street Classes (not that it makes a huge difference to anything!)

Are you sure?  I'm seeing you in 1st position for Street and Sport in the slower races, and 7th overall for both categories on points.

Edited by Kim - 21 May 2021 at 12:42am
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 12:42am
Originally posted by RoyMacdonald RoyMacdonald wrote:

Ah yes.  And you would have had shiny new tags, too.

They definitely don't work when attached directly to metal or carbon fibre (we do mention this on the how-to-race page), and you'll need at least 5mm, preferably more like 10mm, of dielectric material between the tag and the body work.

We keep a supply of ~5mm thick self-adhesive foam with the timing kit that works for this (just ask for some), but feel free to do something a bit more elegant.

Or an ABS panel works a treat. That's what I have on my After 7. I replaced the carbon fibre access covers for the front wheels with ABS ones. Mounted the tags on those. Gutted I was unable to demonstrate them at Hillingdon.

Yes, this is a devious and cunning way to do it.  Bonus points for putting the tag on the inside of the cover, where it's protected from the elements.

Similarly, if you have a hood with a transparent section for seeing out of, tags can be attached to that.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 8:42am

Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Just noticed I don't appear in Sports or Street Classes (not that it makes a huge difference to anything!)

Are you sure?  I'm seeing you in 1st position for Street and Sport in the slower races, and 7th overall for both categories on points.

Oh!!!
No idea what I was looking at then... Big smile

david.lhostis View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote david.lhostis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2021 at 9:27am
Here is my video of the race: https://youtu.be/WaxnRsapagA
http://ccgi.lhostis.plus.com/sport.php Optima baron XLow + M5 Sandwich fairing
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2021 at 11:12am
Thanks David. Great to see what I missed thanks to a stomach bug. 

I'm going to be on holiday for the next one unfortunately but I look forward to seeing you at the next race I can attend.

All the best.
Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic