BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Publicity
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

GCN recumbent climb video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GCN recumbent climb video
    Posted: 14 August 2020 at 9:21pm
T’huddersfield’s very own YouTube star is back with more recumbent promotional activities, now with added help from Neil, Jochen and Ian. Nice one chaps, sorry I couldn’t make it...

Youtube recumbent climb video

Russ
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2020 at 10:53pm
Good stuff, but I hope that if they do more recumbent videos they get someone with actual experience in riding them.
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2020 at 10:58am
Well done Barney, Jochen, Neil, Ian and the very good sports from GCN. Great video thanks.

Edited by atlas_shrugged - 15 August 2020 at 10:58am
BarneyH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2020 at 1:23pm
Unfortunately despite my very persuasive nature and excellent negotiation skills I haven't yet managed to take over editorial control of the multimedia behemoth that is GCN.

We are working with them as best I can at the minute to get to a position where we can bang our drum rather than dancing to their tune.

I hope to get another opportunity or two with them next year and we are suggesting ideas to them.

So that people understand I may even right an article for the next magazine about how this video came about and what their initial editorial slant was.
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2020 at 6:41pm
There’s a lot of people in the video comments asking for a proper side by side race - road bike vs TT bike vs recumbent vs velomobile
I think this is a great idea but needs to be done with strong riders and power meters to ensure an equal playing field.
I’m not sure there’s many of us (if any apart from Neil Hood) at the moment that could hold ‘GCN-level’ 300W for 20min or so but there’s a good few who could hold 250W.
Maybe GCN could wangle a half day at the Boardman wind tunnel too to get actual Cda figures for the competing riders and vehicles.
I think that this’d be very entertaining and informative for GCN’s huge worldwide audience...
Russ

My suggestion would be 8 vehicles:
- Hank on road bike
- Simon on TT bike
- ice vtx with one of their racers
- Jochen on street machine
- Russ on unfaired Nocom
- Andrew or Chris on tail faired ratracer
- Neil H in velomobile
- slash in Beano

Edited by russellbridge - 15 August 2020 at 6:51pm
BarneyH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2020 at 11:12pm
I'll keep you in the loop Russ as and when we get to a real race scenario - it is what we're sort of discussing.

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2020 at 12:25pm
They were looking at having a team at the Shenington 24 hour pedal car race this year as well but of course that didn't happen - I assume it probably will next year if things are back to normal...

atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2020 at 9:28pm
Maybe get these couple of guys along from Nandax 2019:

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2020 at 3:18pm
What goes up must come down. Here is Richard descending a mountain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0_zAL_ugRg

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 19 August 2020 at 3:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic