BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Any Other Business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Membership Renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Membership Renewal
    Posted: 25 March 2019 at 5:09pm
Just to remind everybody that our new Membership year begins on the 1st April - Please make sure you renew (or join!) to ensure that you continue to receive your magazines (paper ot pdf) and benefit from reduced race fees. https://shop.bhpc.org.uk/membership

HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2019 at 8:27pm
If you would prefer not to pay via the shop and Paypal you can make a direct bank transfer to the BHPC: sort code 40-10-06, account number 82464748, reference your name. If you do this, please email treasurer@BHPC.org.uk

Or you can pay by cash or cheque at a race

or you can send a cheque to the Treasurer. Please email as above for details.
Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 11:07am
Does the Club still offer a Household Group membership or similar?  There's a reference in the form sent with the last magazine, but no rate given either there or in the shop.
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2019 at 12:12pm
The household group membership was reconsidered when we brought in the e-membership.

Currently we offer:

Adult membership with paper copies of 4 magazines per year £15

Adult membership with downloadable e-magazines 4 times a year £6

Concessionary membership for those 60 year of age or over, or students, with paper copies of 4 magazines per year £10

Junior membership with no adult membership £5

Overseas membership  £20

The group membership was £25 so unless a couple in the same household want to have 2 paper copies of each magazine they can join together for £21 (1 adult and 1 e-member), or, if they only want downloadable magazines, £12. 

Reduced race fees are available to anyone who is a member.

atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2019 at 8:03pm
Hi Adrian

The removal of Household (Family) membership came up at a BHPC AGM as a surprise item not on the agenda. Prior to the change happening it has not been communicated to the membership. According to the minutes this was voted on but my own recollection was wanting to discuss this with our household members first.

You are right about the mention of Household group for the Junior category and thanks for pointing this out.

If it turns out to have detrimental effect e.g. on number of: members, youth members, or family members then we may need to revisit this issue. The cyclox club in Oxford for example has about 700 members and the increased membership has been attributed to the introduction of household membership.

Please let us know your own thoughts on Household membership.

Brian
BHPC Membership

Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 5:26pm
Given the context of the introduction reduced-rate e-membership, I can see that Household membership verging on redundant. For two adults the full member + e-member combination is cheaper and I don't suppose there were many - if any - household groups with three or more adults.

I've now taken out Adult membership, and told Claire that her best option is now e-membership. I hope she'll take that up and not be lost to the membership-count.
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer
antonin_d View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antonin_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 6:08pm
I have just tried renewing my membership but I get stuck at the shipping step where I am told "Your order cannot be completed at this time as there is no shipping methods available for it. Please make necessary changes in your shipping address."
I tried various addresses that I have apparently used in the past (as they are suggested to me in a drop-down list) but to no avail!

Thanks again for the race this week-end, it was a blast! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Preston but I hope it will be the only one I will have to miss this year…
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 8:32pm
Have you definitely selected the right membership option Antonin?
I think it you have selected Overseas membership by mistake it would reject a UK address for example

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by antonin_d antonin_d wrote:

I have just tried renewing my membership but I get stuck at the shipping step where I am told "Your order cannot be completed at this time as there is no shipping methods available for it. Please make necessary changes in your shipping address."
Hi Antonin -

Sorry - my mistake (sort of): the shop software has just been updated and I had failed to set up one of the new features correctly. This has now been fixed so you should now be able to go ahead and buy your membership - it's still in your shopping cart so just go straight through to the checkout.

Andrew S
BHPC Shopkeeper

Edited by Andrew S - 07 May 2019 at 9:22pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:30pm
Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic