BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Building
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

SRAM parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 2:25pm
Mine looks like this. As I understand you just need the rod in order to make yours work?

The shop says they can't send to the UK because there is a shop in the UK...

No problem to get them sending it to a friend in Germany and then having it sent to you. If you want I can do that.

Edited by farwer - 09 February 2019 at 2:27pm
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 3:34pm

Farwer

Well mine looks like this it is the Disc brake version :-

and :-

And yes just the rod , mine looks like this ?

Did they say who the UK shop was ?

regards Paul
farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 3:40pm
It's here

http://www.gblwheelchairs.com/index.php/products/hand-cycles
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 5:19pm
Farwer

Thanks

Not amongst the 3 I get from SRAM's web site !

regards paul
tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 7:24pm
Thanks for this, only just found the thread. I have the same problem, the dual drive on my Moulton has a seized and bent pin. I took it for a service at my LBS but they couldn't free it and were worried about it snapping. Despite being a Moulton dealer, many Moultons used the dual drive, they could not source SRAM hub parts since SRAM ceased manufacture last year. I will try the company in the link.

Cheers

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 10:44pm
Stuart

This may be of interest ?

It has this to say :-

The OEM control rod is a bit flimsy (they can break off at the end) and as usual there is a crummy clickbox contraption on the RH side in most cases. If you want something different to this you can;

a) make a toggle chain pull rod (welding required) and use a radiused end nut on the RH end. You will need a shifter with a total cable pull of 10.3mm (or slightly over to get reliable gear 2 selection)

b) make a left side pushrod; (you will need to remove the LH plug). This can be a beefy 3/16" rod, because there is no spring on the LH side of the axle (unlike the other side). If you make the rod the right length (about 100mm) the rod elbow will bottom on the end of the axle before the rod is likely to break anything internal to the hub if/when the bike falls over or takes a knock.

c) make an SA-based toggle chain pull-rod. The key from an older SA AW hub can be ground to fit in the SRAM hub and then a long rod can be made up using SA parts and welding. Why bother? -well, the SA toggle thread is slightly bigger and stronger, and you are more likely to find an SA toggle chain on your travels I reckon, even if it needs modification to make it work OK. The rod needs to be longer than any standard SA rod and it needs to be a smaller diameter than most SA rods. It can be up to about 3mm diameter and still fit inside the axle spring on the RH side of the axle

Still looking

My friend says his does not have a rod but has a chain  ?

and a block like this fitted :-

He says it is a 3x9 the text looks to say Spectro however I have been unable to identify them in any SRAM parts manual yet .

Yet it looks like this ?

Found it :-

regards Paul

Edited by stormbird - 09 February 2019 at 11:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic