BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Ft per hour challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ft per hour challenge
    Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:10am
Ok so it’s not a Bhpc race, but I’m ‘organising’ this for some friends scattered around the country/world.
This sat or sun am. How many feet can you climb in a hour. 8am to 9am, record the ride on Strava. You’ve got to cycle to the hill from your front door (and Strava that ride too) Which hill is up to you. Long and steady, or short and sharp multiple repeats? Stay safe. Don’t crash on the descents. No motors. Any human powered vehicle allowed, recumbents, TT bikes, disk wheels, do what you like
Post your results here
Enjoy🤣
Russ
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:44am
Hi Russ. 8 am to 9 am? Why? I am usually having breakfast, feeding the dog/chickens etc. at that time. So would mean getting up about 4:30 am for me! Not a problem if my hay fever is keeping me awake. (it's come back since I had the stroke, after being free of it for the last 7 years, so as Dave once said you may see the return of the masked man)
Good idea otherwise though.
All the best.
Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 22 May 2020 at 10:51am
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:37am
Hi Roy
I’ll take a similar approach to gov with lockdown - there’s rules, but no one to enforce them 😄
Russ
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 11:05am
Hi Russ. I will make an effort to have the trike ready in time. I've been having some trouble with the screw heads breaking off leaving the thread in the pin while trying to replace the Look Keo blades. Had to order a replacement kit. I'm assuming the new screws I tried to use were faulty because I found the old ones took more effort to remove than I used putting the new ones in. I've also made the trike even heavier than it was by fitting a tailbox. It may have made the trike more aerodynamic but that won't be any use on the hills and will probably be worse. Cry But it will be useful for shopping.Big smile

All the best.
Roy
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:00am
2,487ft to beat from this morning. Two and a bit x climbs up Snake Pass from Glossop. Let’s see what you’ve got.
My mate Mike has the best so far at 3,114ft using a dip in Bournemouth
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:44am
I don't do up!
</diva>
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 2:10pm
I don't do mornings!
</vampire>
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 8:16am
Originally posted by russellbridge russellbridge wrote:

Ok so it’s not a Bhpc race, but I’m ‘organising’ this for some friends scattered around the country/world.
This sat or sun am. How many feet can you climb in a hour. 8am to 9am, record the ride on Strava. You’ve got to cycle to the hill from your front door (and Strava that ride too) Which hill is up to you. Long and steady, or short and sharp multiple repeats? Stay safe. Don’t crash on the descents. No motors. Any human powered vehicle allowed, recumbents, TT bikes, disk wheels, do what you like
Post your results here
Enjoy🤣
Russ

Is the first ride to the hill included in the hour, or does the hour start once you reach the hill Russ?
All the best.
Roy
farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 10:56am
Well done Russel. Mine is 2093ft, Snake pass from east to Glossop then 1 and a bit x the climb from Glossop.

Jochen

Edited by farwer - 24 May 2020 at 10:57am
farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:19am
Roy, the hour starts when you are at the hill.
Jochen

Edited by farwer - 24 May 2020 at 11:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic